Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am an 24 year old male Australian citizen and have just recently finished an apprenticeship in plumbing and have been going to TAFE (tertiary study) and studying part time as well as working full time for the past four years. Upon completion of my study/apprenticeship i received a certificate III in plumbing. I have been working in the plumbing industry for the past five years and am very familar with the plumbung products/fiitings/practices used in the us. i have saved up a rather large amount of money to make the move overseas to the US, where i would like to temporarily establish myself and make a living working in the feild of plumbing. i lived and worked in the US for roughly 6 months on a J1 visa in colorado up in the ski feilds in 2004/2005. I have read and studied the requirments outlined in applying for the different types of US VISA’s on the US immigration websites. However i am still unsure if i qualify for, if any, one of these visa. If anyone could assist me in this matter in any way and provided as much informatioin as possible i would be very gratefull for the advise given.

Regards :thumbsup:

·
Registered
910 Posts
Hello,

I am an 24 year old male Australian citizen and have just recently finished an apprenticeship in plumbing and have been going to TAFE (tertiary study) and studying part time as well as working full time for the past four years. Upon completion of my study/apprenticeship i received a certificate III in plumbing. I have been working in the plumbing industry for the past five years and am very familar with the plumbung products/fiitings/practices used in the us. i have saved up a rather large amount of money to make the move overseas to the US, where i would like to temporarily establish myself and make a living working in the feild of plumbing. i lived and worked in the US for roughly 6 months on a J1 visa in colorado up in the ski feilds in 2004/2005. I have read and studied the requirments outlined in applying for the different types of US VISA’s on the US immigration websites. However i am still unsure if i qualify for, if any, one of these visa. If anyone could assist me in this matter in any way and provided as much informatioin as possible i would be very gratefull for the advise given.

Regards :thumbsup:
No way in hell do we need another male plumber in the USA. Now if you were of the fairer gender we would welcome your plumber's butt over here. :w00t:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Let me get this straight, you are a immigrant (contractor) that wants to be able to work here legally?? I only know how illegals do it. Try Canada.

P.S.-Thank you for wanting to respect US Law.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ok the real advise.

Find some rich cougar that is hard up, marry her, make sure that she earns more than you, divorce when you have your citizenship, and demand a ton of alimony.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Ok the real advise.

Find some rich cougar that is hard up, marry her, make sure that she earns more than you, divorce when you have your citizenship, and demand a ton of alimony.

Lol almost like what happen with me. Went to Mexico, Meet a very attractive girl in a night club blah blah blah and then married her after 3 years and moved out here with her. I will tell you know that a K1 visa is meant to be the cheapest and fastest way of getting out her but it was neither cheap or fast. I would hate to think whats involved with moving out here for work. Every country's laws are different on being allowed over here. The UK is strict because everyone from the east moved to UK then to the US as their country's had been on the banned list. The UK is now on the very restricted list.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.