Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been struggling lately with the owners regarding the CPM schedules.
The Owners are becoming more stringent , how are you managing your schedules, what do you think of the option of subcontracting your planning

·
Super Moderator
28,889 Posts
Wth? Sub schedules? Lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re:

Yes, You get a cpm scheduling consultant to take care of your schedules and submittals. you give them the info and they send you back your submittal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sure. Some contractors certainly do so to cut costs of full time schedulers on projects for demanding specs on public contracts. Also, it is a good approach if you either have more projects in the pipeline than anticipated, or you do not have a continuous flow of projects and do not want to burden your company with full-time scheduler expenses.

Contractorx, there are some consultants offering such services.I can recommend to you a company called projecs. They have very skilled schedulers and competitive rates as well. check their website projecs.com

·
Registered
649 Posts
It sounds a little crazy. But the last project I did at the University of Missouri (Mizzou) they had an third party consultant handling the schedule. They had a very critical deadline.

Actually the last Core of Engineers project had one also. Ever heard the term too many chiefs and not enough Indiana? Lol that was one of those jobs.

·
Super Moderator
28,889 Posts
Maybe for the big boys. I control everything in my world, especially the schedule. Mine and the projects.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ok call me stupid but If your the Prime Contractor on a project one would think you would know how to schedule your work!
A very easy to learn and simple schedule program is Microsoft Project. I wouldn't even consider paying someone to schedule MY project, afterall I'm driving the bus NOT them!
And the same goes for submittals it's important for you the Contractor to review every single one so you can verify the subs are supplying the correct products. The owner has hired you as the professional.

These are all standard duties of any decent Project Manager

Kevin Hobgood
Hobgood Construction Group

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re:

I Understand that these are standard duties of a project manager but at the same time , a project manager should also be able to delegate. The Schedule is easy to build, but managing the software is a pain ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts