Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any ideas or tips on how to make a website stand out from the rest?I am in the process of building one for my painting business but I want it to be different than all the other sites.I would like to offer something that would make my site stand out.When I look at other painting sites I find a lot of them look alike.I read on another thread the pros and cons of estimates by email so i am still undecided on online estimates.I thought about the software you see on counters at paint stores where you load pics of your room on your pc and try different colors to see what they look like, if I somehow tie that into my site.Just doing some brainstorming.Any thoughts/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Keep it simple.

In web designing and marketing in general, sometimes the most effective marketing tools are the ones that have already been tried and tested. I would recommend searching the web for other sites that you really like and apply those models to your website.

I find that less pages, easier contact, and less "glitz" is the best.

If the customer cannot contact you within 2 pages, then your page is a failure.

*I would recommend looking at sites with keywords: copyrighter, marketing, web standards

·
Painting Contractor
1,881 Posts
kanadaeh said:
Does anyone have any ideas or tips on how to make a website stand out from the rest?I am in the process of building one for my painting business but I want it to be different than all the other sites.I would like to offer something that would make my site stand out.When I look at other painting sites I find a lot of them look alike.I read on another thread the pros and cons of estimates by email so i am still undecided on online estimates.I thought about the software you see on counters at paint stores where you load pics of your room on your pc and try different colors to see what they look like, if I somehow tie that into my site.Just doing some brainstorming.Any thoughts/ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Try not to make a website a monument to your own marketing genius
that may or may not be there, and create a website that will be
friendly and informative to your visitors.
We improve ours annually as our marketing needs, the competition and
need to make it more informative change. It looks great for a bit
and then it is stale again untill next re-design.
Making it stand out means marketing it first.

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
Congratulations there, George Z, that's the first time I checked out your website, and although myself, I don't even have one, if I was going to get one, yours would be the 'model'. :Thumbs:

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Build a site that does more than grab attention. You want to consider a few things... Make it useable, make it candy for the search engines, and then grab attention in a good way.

Animation and flashy crap is a no no, though it will grab attention it will also distract. Place your most important message right where everyone can see big and bold. Make it easy to use so people can get right where they need to go without cluttering up the menus.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts