Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Otter Commuter is slim and tough.. front left pocket.

Last night I learned that my son 'tested' his defender 5s with a three story drop:eek: No damage:sweatdrop:

·
Registered
159 Posts
iPhone 5.

Keep it in front pocket. I use it without a case but I have that AppleCare warranty program where I just pay a $50 deductible if I smash it. Good for a total of two years and for two exchanges. Had for a year, and so far no problems. I guess I can't stand cases most of the time. My phone looks beat up, but the screen and actual shell are holding up fine. If I'm working around dusty environments like drywall or concrete, I just put it in a Ziploc bag and keep using it just the same.

·
Finishing Carpenter
1,332 Posts
iphone4 otter defender case. Rear left pocket. I had the clip but it kept breaking so I just gave up on that part of it.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
skillman said:
iPhone 5 with otterbox defender series clip on my belt .
I was doing that but snagged it on something at home and broke the clip!

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
I use the Verizon shell/holster combo & clip it to my belt. I also use the "Zagg Shield"...mylar? helicopter blade cover protector film. It reduces clarity, but keeps original screen looking like new. I've dropped it quite a few times, without damage. It's not perfect, but the belt clip keeps it readily available, & allows me to clip it on other spots to use the flashlight app. Other time, I just put it in my pocket, face in.

Joe

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
samsung s3 thats in a offbrand version of a lifeproof. i keep it in the belt clip backwards for extra protection of the screen.. if im doin punchlist stuff it hangs on my belt. if im framing it goes in a pocket of my toolbelt with nothing else in it otherwise in the front pocket of my overauls

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Mine is in the truck also about 90% of the time. I only carry it on me when I am expecting a call back. I see all these guys carrying their phones and it makes you wonder how work was ever done before cell phones. When I do carry it in the winter, the chest pocket on the Carhartts works well, in the Summer, I slide it into the tight pouch on my hip.
You didn't need a cell phone because people did what they said they would when they said they would do it.

Just imagine, you, your take off was correct and all delivered on time. Your subs knew their job and did it, as planned on time and if they said it would be gone Thursday it was- even if they had to work past their 8 hours but it was done, ect ect ect.

The contractor world was a lot easier pre- internet.

My iPhone has a Otterbox case and sits on the console or on a shelf near where I'm working and anybody close can answer it- because I am the man I can't stop every time someone wants to call and put me on the front page of google.

My ipad also goes everywhere, it is protected by a LifeProof case. It rides in my daughters car seat whether she's in it or not.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
pants pocket or bags. my righthand bag has a perfect pocket for a smartphone except it's wide open so dust gets in there. been meaning to pick up some velcro to fix that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I use the Nite Ize cargo case. Got it off Amazon for around 12 bucks. I've had it 3 years and it still is holding up well on the job.
If I'm wearing bags I'll clip it on the belt

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,821 Posts
I hire a dozen Vegas showgirls to dress up like Barbara Eden in I Dream of Jeanie costumes to follow me around and take turns carrying my phone for me.

Reactions: m1911

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
480sparky said:
I hire a dozen Vegas showgirls to dress up like Barbara Eden in I Dream of Jeanie costumes to follow me around and take turns carrying my phone for me.
That's weird... My phone assistants are dressed as ginger from Gillian's island..

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
sheeesh, I can barely afford the phone payments alone... :blink:

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Casio GZ0ne G4Commando. I throw it any where I want. I got the big Battery and it lays around the jobsite powering the bluetooth soundlink mini.

In case anyone wants to know the bluetooth does not work when the phone is under water.

·
The Grand Wazoo
3,973 Posts
I wear cargo pants/shorts, the big lower pockets are perfect for my phone.

21 - 40 of 90 Posts