Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IN the winter months I usually wear a Carhart vest and usually just put it in the inside pocket. It is in the hot months that I have problems. The last few years my phone was smaller and I used the Duluth smart phone case. I really liked it but, now I have a iPhone 5 and it won't fit. I'm not sure that I would like the phone clip as I think it looks a little, "less manly".

So what do you use?

I have the iPhone 5 with the Magpul case.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I bought a cheap universal canvas case from Verizon. Im not sure who its made by but I got it from a kiosk at the mall.

It fits in my bags and clips on to my pants pocket the rest of the time.

I cant sit comfortably with one of these smart phones in my pocket...

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Otter Case - Front shirt pocket. Any other way, it's toast

·
Fine Handcrafted Opinions
994 Posts
iPhone 4.

Mostly hip pocket, screen in.

If I'm wearing a jacket, then jacket pocket.

In the summer, I usually wear cargo shorts, so either hip pocket or cargo pockets.

·
Super Moderator
10,622 Posts
glove compartment
Mine is in the truck also about 90% of the time. I only carry it on me when I am expecting a call back. I see all these guys carrying their phones and it makes you wonder how work was ever done before cell phones. When I do carry it in the winter, the chest pocket on the Carhartts works well, in the Summer, I slide it into the tight pouch on my hip.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
53,124 Posts
I have the Otterbox Defender case and clip. I clip it on my suspenders. Looks a bit goofy with the S4 camera lens pointed outward all the time. I don't care. It there when I need it and protected well.

·
Super Moderator
28,164 Posts
Mine is in the truck also about 90% of the time. I only carry it on me when I am expecting a call back. I see all these guys carrying their phones and it makes you wonder how work was ever done before cell phones. When I do carry it in the winter, the chest pocket on the Carhartts works well, in the Summer, I slide it into the tight pouch on my hip.
:laughing: I have no idea how they did it. A lot easier I suppose.

As a GC I cant imagine doing my job without a phone. Probably make and recieve 20 calls a day , and a dozen work emails throughout the day.

When I am bagged up I carry it in the high left pocket of my nail bags. Back pocket, screen in in my jeans when I am not. S note 2.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts