Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter who is in college and is a very polished writer. She will be writing new content for my site. It will include a page for each city. What I don't know how to do is put my website header together with the newly written content onto my website. Does any one of you guys want the job? Or is it easy for me to do myself?

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
51,821 Posts
With the right software it's pretty easy. But you'll need something that can write HTML and then you'll need an FTP manager.

I have two programs I use for HTML, Easy Web Editor and Eversoft First Page. I guess Dream Weaver is another program that's out there, sure there are hundreds.

And my FTP manager is WiseFTP 6.1. They're probably up to ver 7 or 8 now.

You'll need to know the specific account name/address and the password for access.

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Leo G said:
With the right software it's pretty easy. But you'll need something that can write HTML and then you'll need an FTP manager. I have two programs I use for HTML, Easy Web Editor and Eversoft First Page. I guess Dream Weaver is another program that's out there, sure there are hundreds. And my FTP manager is WiseFTP 6.1. They're probably up to ver 7 or 8 now.
Good do you want the job? I'm hiring!

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ohiohomedoctor said:
I could do it for free in about ten minutes,,,,, but,,,,, Ill never forgive you for predicting my Bengal's demise thus causing them to loose,,,, ever...
Dude! If you remember I said I wasn't happy the Bengals lost but I was glad the chargers won. If that's not showing love to the a Bengals I don't know what is. Now I don't expect you to do it for free so what's your price?

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm out of thank you's, but thank you, I will give it a try.

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
You mean remote screen whatever, bro I am still very low tech over here, dispite all my ramblings I got huge holes in my tech ability lol.

I dont even own an mp3 player, too complicated!

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
I will do it for him, if he wants though.

Goto add new user, add me as editor. I can log in and pop it down for you. Or your person of choice . lol.

·
Talking Head
5,388 Posts
You can do it on your computer and share the screen with him via Skype. They try to get you to upgrade to premium but you can do it with a basic account.

Remote login works too but it can be laggy and I'm not sure Mike want's you logging into his pc.

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
JBM said:
I will do it for him, if he wants though. Goto add new user, add me as editor. I can log in and pop it down for you. Or your person of choice . lol.
Maybe I will take you up on that. My daughter is going to write the pages in the next couple days. Can I ask one more question. How much content (words) does it take to make a webage? Or is that's stupid question?

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
51,821 Posts
Did you want me to tell you it was a stupid question :laughing:

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Www.Mlwconstruction.com.

I've already had the home page content rewritten, and the about us page. She hasn't put it on the site yet. I paid for that. I was just trying to save some money and add some more content myself.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts