Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering that if I start a business how do I not pay taxes at all. I want to not pay taxes while doing this business. I know there is a way. If no one wants to tell me how, I can find out oter ways. I can understand if someone won't tell me about it, but please don't type on that it is impossible when there are people out there who do not pay taxes. I have seen real life examples and I know it can be done...I just don't know how.

Advice is appreciated!

Cheers.

Ben

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,639 Posts
Be a really bad business man and spend more than you make. You won't have to pay taxes then.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
I was wondering that if I start a business how do I not pay taxes at all. I want to not pay taxes while doing this business. I know there is a way. If no one wants to tell me how, I can find out oter ways. I can understand if someone won't tell me about it, but please don't type on that it is impossible when there are people out there who do not pay taxes. I have seen real life examples and I know it can be done...I just don't know how.

Advice is appreciated!

Cheers.

Ben
What business do you want to start?

Ed

·
Registered
58 Posts
There are ways to distribute profits etc....in order to pay the lowest rate though your rate is going to just go up as you will have to claim them on your 1040....which alot of the time is higher than corporate rate anyway....

Also, if you do this you are taking money out of the company obviously which is not a good idea if you plan on being anything more than a hack.

Get a book, get a lawyer, get an accountant.

·
Banned
846 Posts
I've heard that you can get a PO Box in the Cayman Islands and call that the headquarters for your business so you don't have to pay taxes. I think that's more urban legend than fact though.

·
Registered
58 Posts
There literally is no way to not pay taxes in one form or another. Either they are taxed at the business level or taxed at the personal level. Period. Unless you want to really go underground which wouldnt be anywhere near legal and definitely not condoned on these forums.

·
Smart phone? Scan me!
2,137 Posts
I've heard that you can get a PO Box in the Cayman Islands and call that the headquarters for your business so you don't have to pay taxes. I think that's more urban legend than fact though.
Harbour Place, 5th Fl., 113 S. Church St.
George Town, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands Phone: 345-946-5203
Fax: 345-945-2197
nope you are right. They are actually here, their main facility is here. BUT they have a 1 room office that is their "headquarters" and get to suck a ton of life out of the local economy while having their nice lil tax shelter out there. I wonder if they need that office cleaned :w00t:

·
Registered
58 Posts

I see his next post being....WTF I got a PO box in Caymen and now I have to pay Foreign Business Fees EVERYWHERE!!! WTF BOB! U ASS!

Watch.....Wait.........

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Just move to another country with lower taxes and fewer regulations (if you can find one).

If there is no business there, just try a remote venture in the U.S. operate over an internet phone for information and control. You might be low bidder if you import the labor and learn a second language, which your employees already have.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts

Advice is appreciated!

Cheers.

Ben
I would like to know about the "oter way":no:

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
BOY,
Yer getting pretty anxious there.
Gotta learn how to do the work first.

Didn't you just say:

As far as GC goes, I want to be good in all fields. I want to be able to build a house by myself if I wanted to. I know GC may sound like a generalization but i want every skill in this field...I will learn them little by little...most will be self- taught so advice is very welcomed.

Try going here and do a little reading:

http://www.lectlaw.com/files/tax18.htm

·
Banned
846 Posts
nope you are right. They are actually here, their main facility is here. BUT they have a 1 room office that is their "headquarters" and get to suck a ton of life out of the local economy while having their nice lil tax shelter out there. I wonder if they need that office cleaned :w00t:
Wait a second, how does that work? Could I headquarter "Bob's Lawn & Landscape" in Grand Cayman and not pay the IRS any money? I don't get it. What's the catch? You seem to actually know more than urban legend and rumor. What's the skinny?

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Didn't you just say:

As far as GC goes, I want to be good in all fields. I want to be able to build a house by myself if I wanted to. I know GC may sound like a generalization but i want every skill in this field...I will learn them little by little...most will be self- taught so advice is very welcomed.
Thats all I needed to know.

Ed

Thanks for posting on ContractorTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ContractorTalk.com is designed for professional contractor's to discuss issues and topics related to the construction and remodeling industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If your not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.