Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to stay updated on average pricing for different things. Wether its bending coil or installing counter tops.it's hard to keep up when you do everything.

·
Professional Instigator
6,872 Posts
I like to stay updated on average pricing for different things. Wether its bending coil or installing counter tops.it's hard to keep up when you do everything.
How did you misspell construction in your username?

Your not a real contractor are you? come on fess up you will feel better if you do. Its like a good cry just let it out

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Depends on where you are more than what other people are chargeing. I was calculating my day rate at $250 a day for anything from a bathrooms, Decks, Pool bars, boat docks, Windows, Kitchens, Trim and crown moulding and so on, but i found out my rate was a lot lower than what most people were chargeing for similer work. I have now took my day rate upto $350 a day for now and i have 15 weeks of work coming up for just one customer on my new price. It seems that even at that price im still cheaper than most in my area so i may have to step that up a little more if people keep jumping on me for that price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How did you misspell construction in your username?

Your not a real contractor are you? come on fess up you will feel better if you do. Its like a good cry just let it out
i leave the o out because 99% of the time constructionman is taken. And by the way i have been doing this for twenty yrs.And i could probably say i do better work than you

·
Banned
9,058 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Pricing has not changed a bit in the years I've been working, time + material + overhead = going rate!

There is a DIY forum that HOs can post to and get answers, but I don't think there is a forum for HOs checking to see if a contractor is raping them.

Good luck with the pricing thingy and congrats for being in the trades for 20 years.

Ray

(I think spell check is still free)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts