Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm fairly new in the framing business and slowly building up. As i grow I finding it harder to manage, what do you suggest i do to excel in my management, meaning whats the best way to manage workers and their assignments without loosing track? Thank you

·
Registered
10 Posts
1st off if you need5 good guys hire 25& weed out if they're lazy, dumb, unmotivated, or can't follow directions. The most important thing is lead by example. When I walk on the job, things start happening, I work twice as hard as any of my guys & when they see that, trust me they respond. If you have one that doesn't, drop your bags go to the vehicle, write his check & take it back to him with if that's all you've got you can la la la la la to you're car and hit the road. Then put your bags back on & get after it. As far as not losing track.... Prep work, go home do your homework, get a game plan and a back up plan & try to stick to the first. You've always got to be 10 steps ahead of your guys while keeping your composure. If no matter what gets thrown your way you've got it under control, no sweat like. Your men will see that, they'll respect you for it, they'll respond to it & you my friend will be successful! There's no problems, only solutions. Best of luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
D-Dishman thanks for that, its been a while and thank G-d things are stating to take shape. :thumbup:

Can you recommend any computer programs to something to keep track of progress?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts