Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

521 - 540 of 569 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone! My name is Doug Schmidt from Bloomington Indiana! A good buddy by the name of Nathan Gotch referred this website to me. I'm here to surround myself with some of the leaders in the industry. Thank you for having me! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
click...click...boom!!!

Hi! My name is Oseye from Toronto, Canada. I came across this site by accident as I was in the process of researching updated price rates for painting in 2020 and I stumbled into an old post from 2009 in this forum. I figured that this was an obsolete website forum so I was about to click away when I noticed that there were recent posts as of 2020 and I realised that It's ALIVE!!! So many great topics and information so I couldn't help but sign up as a member.

My job title and role is Real Property Administrator/Project Manager. I provide property preservation and restoration services for residential properties in the Greater Toronto Area so I hire local independent contractors to do the work. The challenges that I often have is finding guys who are skilled, motivated, and reliable at the same time. There is often something lacking and it is very frustrating, especially when they mess up a job and still want to be paid top scale labour rates. I really don't get it ;) Anyway, thanks for this forum, I hope there are other Canadians here too but I am sure we all face the same challenges anyhow. Oseye

·
Registered
0 Posts
We flip houses and typically do the work ourselves. Struggling with putting crown molding on the top side of a Tray Ceiling. Searched online and stumbled on a 2010 thread with someone searching for the same thing.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I heard rom a friend

Well, , , should mention that that friend was another contractor.

We were talking about a unique problem, and they said they were going to search the forum here. I didn’t know what she was talking about- now I do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Community Search

I'm a professional roofer in The Colony, TX and was looking for a roofing community to join so I googled and was happy to see this one. I look forward to posting and interacting with other roofers here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Google search engine while I was looking to see how other companies/workers were handling specific vinyl siding issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone! Found this site browsing the web. We have a VERY small (micro) HVAC business which includes standby generator installs. Located in upstate NY. Been in business since 2016. Lately we are experiencing a slow down in work due to Covid. Also finding mostly commercial customers who we have completed the work BEFORE this Covid fiasco are using it as an excuse not to pay. Finding it hard to believe established businesses don't have any cash reserves...

521 - 540 of 569 Posts