·
Construction Connoissuer
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/lbs/1455820251.html

CANT BEAT DIRT CHEAP (EVERYWHERE)

Date: 2009-11-07, 2:54PM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

New and expanding construction company lookin to expand in Indianapolis area. We all know that the economy is hard for everyone right now, and people still need work done to keep the integrity of their homes. Thats why dirt cheap is here. We offer a wide varity of sevrvices from frame, drywall hang and finish,paint siding, roofing water damange, as well as lanscaping. Tree removal, snow removal, drivewall sealing, No job to big or to small. Dirt cheap takes pride in giving our clients a quality job while taking your need to save money in consideration. Always free estimates, alwys quality work and POSITIVLY THE CHEAPEST. We guauntee that we will be cheaper than the last bidder by a minimum of 10 %. You need something done to protect your most important investment? Dont haesitate call us. You can contact Justin @ [email protected] or 317 306 9822 or sam @ 317 557 4939. You can also leave a message with our recectionist @ 317 523 7950. We hope to be of service to you

----------------------------------------------------

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/lbs/1455970183.html

NEED A PAINTER? CALL ME AT 9855429 DIXON'S PAINTING (INDY)

Date: 2009-11-07, 4:45PM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

SPECIAL NOW FOR NOV:::: CEILINGS ARE ONLY $0.55 A SQUARE FOOT!!! WOW..

NORMAL PRICES FROM MOST OTHER PAINTERS IS OVER $2 A SQUARE!!

SAVE ELECTRICITY BY PAINTING YOUR CEILING A SEMI GLOSS BRIGHT WHITE AND YOU CAN USE LESS LIGHT ENERGY AND GET BETTER LIGHTING WITH LESS SHADOWS FOR LESS MONEY!! FLUORESCENT WORKS BEST WITH SEMI-GLOSS!! I WILL ALSO DO THE WALLS FOR ONLY $0.45 A SQUARE FOOT. NOT $1.50 LIKE MOST, JUST FOR MONTH OF NOV SO CALL NOW DIXON'S PAINTING.
SINGLE COAT, ONE COLOR, RESTRICTIONS DO APPLY SO PLZ EMAIL ME WITH QUESTIONS... I ALSO PAINT TRIM, DOORS,WINDOWS GARAGE DOORS, EXTERIOR HOUSE, AND I PRESSURE WASH ANYTHING, ETC... CALL DIXON'S PAINTING AT 9855429 [317] ANYTIME TILL 12 MIDNIGHT OR ALL WEEKEND LONG, THANKS. I NEED A GOOD LAWYER SO I DO TRADE WORK FOR WORK,JUST ASK.

----------------------------------------------------------

Quality takes time,
Time takes money.

:shifty:

·
Builder/Remodeler
3,816 Posts
"I NEED A GOOD LAWYER SO I DO TRADE WORK FOR WORK,JUST ASK. "

:laughing::laughing:
Now that's some funny sh** right there....

"I need a good lawyer..."

Yeah, I'm sure you do. :w00t:

·
General Contractor
3,444 Posts
They've got a recectionist on staff. A lot of doctors don't even have one of those.

·
General Contractor
3,444 Posts
A recent "sting" here in one of our suburbs..................................

GULFPORT — The condo owner said he wanted someone to remodel his bathroom.
The job required knocking out a wall in his first-floor unit. The problem: It was a load bearing wall.
None of the eight contractors who inquired about the job said removing the wall — which helps support the entire building — could create a safety hazard.
"None of them said it was a load-bearing wall," said Gulfport police Lt. Howard Coombs. "They just said they'd do it."
Now all eight are in legal trouble. In an unusual sting, the condo owner was actually an undercover state agent, according to police, and the contractors who offered to do the work were all unlicensed.
That's a misdemeanor offense in Florida punishable by a fine, probation or even time in the county jail.
Police identified those nabbed in the sting as: Tony Alan Blair of Largo; Jose H. Collazos and Renan M. Collazos of Oldsmar; Perry Houston Harkness of St. Petersburg; Robert W. Herbert of Tampa; Robert J. Marsic Jr. of Tampa; Clarence R. Rediker of St. Petersburg; and Minh Mgoc Tran of Pinellas Park.
Some of the unlicensed contractors were given notices to appear, police said, while others were arrested on unrelated charges. One was arrested for violating felony probation and the other was arrested on charges of possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, according to police.
The operation was jointly run by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation and the Gulfport Police Department. The goal was to deter unlicensed and poorly trained contractors from preying on people by taking their money and performing poor-quality work — or no work at all.
"To me this has been an age-old problem," Coombs said. "People come in to this state and just prey on the elderly and on those who don't know any better.
"They think it's a victimless crime, that they're doing someone a favor." Until the customer is left with incomplete or a shoddily done work, that is.
The sting started Monday and ended Wednesday at the Gulf Shore Condominiums at 2900 45th St. S. The undercover agent went through ads placed in local papers by area handymen and arranged the meetings inside the condo, police said, which were all recorded.
The contractors knew or should have known that removing a load-bearing wall puts the stability of an entire structure at risk, along with everyone inside.
"It's very dangerous," said builder Joel Cantor of St. Petersburg's Cantor Partners LLC. "Usually when you do that, it has to be done with a permit, and you need plans from a structural engineer to show how to brace it and replace it.
"Would you let an unlicensed doctor give you bypass surgery? It could work, but maybe not."
Cantor, who was contacted by the Times to explain the dangers of removing a load-bearing wall, said he isn't surprised that so many would be willing to do anything for a paying job.
"I think it's a reflection of where the economy is today," said Cantor, 45. "There's a lot of desperate people trying to make a quick buck, and people need to be especially vigilant."

·
Registered
53 Posts
Great article, wish they would start or attempt to do that here in Central Texas.:thumbup:It would really weed out the hacks and illegals low balling and driving the prices down for us legit contractors trying to survive!

·
Construction Connoissuer
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Reminds me of those people that offer discounts and coupons for specific groups (old floks, veterans, etc). I always ask for the discount too since you're stating right there, that that percentage is all profit anyways.:whistling

·
Banned
9,058 Posts
Well we have the lowballers here as well:

http://southbend.craigslist.org/sks/1455880333.html

Check out the title of their ad.....
Two guys looking to break out on there own. Over twenty years experience between us. We work for cash. No overhead!!! So we can beat any mason contractors estimate. It's like taking out the middleman. We have been trained in everything involving brick or stone. Including chimney repair and extensive tuck pointing repair jobs. We have many side jobs under our belt and can provide references and pictures. Just email us with any questions and we will get right back with you. We also have an ad in the Barter section under MASONRY FOR TRADE with more pictures. Thank you

Done below is a house we bricked and stoned in Chesterton, Indiana. As you can see it turned out really great. Free estimates.

"Honest" and "we work for cash, no overhead!!!" .....:whistling

I'm always saying nothing surprises me anymore, but I'm constantly proven wrong. :laughing:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts