Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What kind of classifieds?
I added a Contractor Swap but nobody used it. How can I reformat that to make it attractive to people.

Also, I would love to have guides but I'm not good at writing them. If anyone has any original material they would like to ad let me know.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
That's still a bulletin board, not a classified. ;) But I plan to give it a shot in the next few days I have a bunch of stuff I want to sell (office related).

Look around the internet for guides. There are some out there they people will allow you to reproduce as long as you leave their contact info intact. I know a few loud mouths that would love to have their articles posted here. Just think: "Motivational Speakers"

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought you just bought a PDA?

Grumpy... can you PM me with an example of a classified website?

Thanks

·
General Contractor
1,035 Posts
Yep I did.. just got the notification that it shipped. The Palm M130 I have is, of course, palm based.. and some of the software I am needing it for is pocket pc based. The one I have is an excellent pda... color screen..etc.

·
Registered
64 Posts
What about a simple invitation box to send to other contractors to invite them to come in and join us ? I saw this once on the PCR I think..... you just had to enter in an email address and they got the invite with links and an outline of the site..... was like "invite a friend" or something.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
"Tell a friend" can sometimes be mis-interprited (sp?) as spam. If I were to use one on my own site, I would make sure that the person referring (us) would have to enter tieir own name. This way when the person receiving the email get's it they know who referred them.

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Another Idea.....Chat room schedule......remember. If you do it, how about useing yahoo mesenger as the platform, seems to be a better site than AIM.

Bob

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mark said:
What about a simple invitation box to send to other contractors to invite them to come in and join us ? I saw this once on the PCR I think..... you just had to enter in an email address and they got the invite with links and an outline of the site..... was like "invite a friend" or something.
How about this Mark?
http://www.contractortalk.com/tell.htm

:Thumbs:
Now you MUST ALL send it to at least 50 poeple! :cheesygri j/K

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nathan I tried it and have two points.... it seems to be working backwards as "my friend" got the thanks for referring note ??... confusing I know. Are you going to have this link somewhere on the main page of the site ? Tks

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mark said:
Nathan I tried it and have two points.... it seems to be working backwards as "my friend" got the thanks for referring note ??... confusing I know. Are you going to have this link somewhere on the main page of the site ? Tks
WOW, thats bad. It should be fixed now!

Also, I'll throw up a link to the tell a friend page. There was a link on the sidebar for about 6 months and I don't think anyone ever used it?
Remember this?

I appreciate all the referrals you guys can give... thanks! :Thumbs:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts