Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
http://www.hitachipowertools.com/index/main-navigation/tools.aspx?d=9,46&p=165

Hitachi siding gun. This is the one I use and it works well.
Thanks! I'm going to hand nail these few boards... but if I do get into a serious siding job I'll be getting a siding nailer for sure. In reality we're supposedly plumbers but over 1/2 of our work is carpentry, remodeling, and doing about anything we can to make a few dollars so we can pay income taxes and have insurance if ya know what I mean.

·
mindmapping it all!
142 Posts
Thanks! I'm going to hand nail these few boards... but if I do get into a serious siding job I'll be getting a siding nailer for sure. In reality we're supposedly plumbers but over 1/2 of our work is carpentry, remodeling, and doing about anything we can to make a few dollars so we can pay income taxes and have insurance if ya know what I mean.
the best thing about the siding guns is the nail head diameter that those guns shoot. you cannot get that small a diameter nail to shoot in a framing gun and it shows on a job when using deck nails to put up siding.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
the best thing about the siding guns is the nail head diameter that those guns shoot. you cannot get that small a diameter nail to shoot in a framing gun and it shows on a job when using deck nails to put up siding.
No doubt this may be true. I do have a finish nailer but the instuctions which I happened to read says to use nails with 1/4" head. That's pretty close to deck nails. We would rather not see nail heads but I'd also rather not see boards pull away from the frame. Gotta go with the OEM instructions on this one. I finished the job and it looks pretty good with those store bought loose siding nails.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts