Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Trailer park boy
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the biggest load (heaviest) you've put into your truck?

I went to the dump this AM to dump some concrete I had loaded yesterday from those stairs from hell.

1250 kg

2755 lbs

In my 3/4 ton Chev:eek:. No wonder she was swaying a bit on the road.

I think that's the heaviest I've had this truck.

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
I don't know what the weight was, but I had 96 8" semi-solid block in my Dodge 2500 4x4. She handled better than empty, actually rode nice and smooth for once.:laughing:

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
I have posted this before, but will your 1 ton do this? :laughing:

I was idling at the Chevy dealer while my wife was getting her new Suburban, and they were really trying to sell me a new truck.....and I should have had this picture....I don't think they believe I move 25k with this truck.

I have hauled a steel package for a building that weighed 21k, plus the trailer at 6k.....so the combined weight is, well, excessive. :shifty:

Attachments

·
Trailer park boy
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have posted this before, but will your 1 ton do this? :laughing:

I was idling at the Chevy dealer while my wife was getting her new Suburban, and they were really trying to sell me a new truck.....and I should have had this picture....I don't think they believe I move 25k with this truck.

I have hauled a steel package for a building that weighed 21k, plus the trailer at 6k.....so the combined weight is, well, excessive. :shifty:
Just a few pounds on that tongue!:eek:

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Yea, it was smooth, but when you turned the wheel a bit, the back end just wanted to keep going that way.:laughing:

And 4200 lb? Gotta watch the throttle, might wheelie off the line:laughing:
That happens sometimes even when the truck is empty.:whistling

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
That happens sometimes even when the truck is empty.:whistling

we talked about this before didn't we? with the dodge?:laughing:.

Truthfully though I used to tow a gooseneck with gcw of 35'000 with a 97 dodge 1 ton

Most weight was on my 91 f350 diesel I was loaded with around 2.5 yards of 3/4" gravel:eek:. (+/-) 7000 lb

It was accidental, a long story, communication errors, then laziness,
a short smooooth drive and no harm done

·
Palisade Point Const.
2,276 Posts
I'm not entirely sure how much it weighed, but I stacked the bed on my 96 ford F150 completely full of 8 foot bundles of oak flooring, till it was sticking up past the bed sides a good 8". Calculating it out, I would guess that it was somewhere between 3000 and 4000 lbs, plus the weight of my cross box full of tools. I have 1 ton springs in the rear, and it was settled just a little, but the front end was really complaining.

·
The Deck Guy
3,126 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I put a lumber load for a one car garage on the back of my pickup once...got pulled over and weighed by the state police and cost me 3000 dollars for overloading....:mad:...:whistling

·
Registered
56 Posts
17 square of shigles in the back of an Astro cargo van. That's right, an Astro van. But I was young and stupid then. Now i'm older and stupid.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Only time i overload is the winter time when i have the spreader in, 34-3600lbs of sand/salt mix or 2800lbs of rock salt, but man does it ever ride like a cadillac in the configuration below!!!! Truck tips the scales just over 13,200lbs +/- load in the hopper...would feel safer using a dually, but then plowing with a dually is terrible so we manage.

·
Grand Rapids Remodeling
3,115 Posts
I broke the 3000 lb mark today, twice.

Was much better after I increased the pressure in my tires from 30 psi.:eek::laughing:
Hey trailer park boy, do ya got forearms like popeye yet after that two day job? :laughing:

PS I enjoyed your post the other day, I'm glad I'm not the only one who estimates 16 hours labor on a 40 hour job. :whistling

www.phbconstruction.com

·
Trailer park boy
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey trailer park boy, do ya got forearms like popeye yet after that two day job? :laughing:

PS I enjoyed your post the other day, I'm glad I'm not the only one who estimates 16 hours labor on a 40 hour job. :whistling
:laughing::laughing:

My forearms felt like they were gonna pop right off and go start their own club after that 2 day jack hammer episode.:laughing:

The wheeling it out the back yard, up my ramp and shoveling into the truck is just slightly better.:blink:

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
25,218 Posts
But the real question is, which one of you preverts actually enjoys the feel of that front end being up on tippy-toe?

And for a super-bonus, how many have had your wife drive it with that kind of load, and say "I didn't notice anything different." :eek:

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
:laughing::laughing:

My forearms felt like they were gonna pop right off and go start their own club after that 2 day jack hammer episode.:laughing:

The wheeling it out the back yard, up my ramp and shoveling into the truck is just slightly better.:blink:
I wheeled and spread 20 tons of top soil at my moms last weekend with my 15 and 12 year old sons. They worked hard, but I refused to be outdone by my own kids. The best part is that I can tie my boots without bending over now.:laughing:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts