Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a paint store dedicated to our contractors we always strive to do better and provide the best products and service. As contractors what would you like to see your local paint store do for you or provide ?

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
A good place to display our business cards/ brochures. Maybe something other than a bulletin board tucked in a corner?

I would love to see a paint store split the costs of a mailer/door hanger. I don't see this happening anytime soon but its your product were selling. Seems like splitting the cost wouldn't be out of the question. Maybe not a 50/50 split but who knows?

My wife is a realtor and her loan office paid for a whole mailing one time... makes sense.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Nate that's a very good idea about co-branding (splitting the cost). Many shingle manufacturers will subsidize the marketing of their preferred contractors. Sure they slap their logo on your adds too but the cost can't be beat.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Discounts.... good point. We currently do 20% off product and 15% off sundries.... thats 5 - 10% more than anyone else in town does.

Glasshousebltr said:
How about price cuts?.........ha
Bob

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We installed a nice plexi biz card holder right out in the front so everyone gets equal billing. BM up here has co-op on biz cards and other marketing materials as well. I like your idea about the door hangers though, I would be willing to investigate that further and see if they are interested.

Nathan said:
A good place to display our business cards/ brochures. Maybe something other than a bulletin board tucked in a corner?

I would love to see a paint store split the costs of a mailer/door hanger. I don't see this happening anytime soon but its your product were selling. Seems like splitting the cost wouldn't be out of the question. Maybe not a 50/50 split but who knows?

My wife is a realtor and her loan office paid for a whole mailing one time... makes sense.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Mark, I can't say enough about Plaza Paints here in FL. They make great coffee too!
It really sucked when they let Bruce (Port Salerno) go and kept the Marx brothers (downtown). We're talking Karl not Groucho, Harpo, Zeppo, et al.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes the coffee is always fresh thats for sure, even some home made treats from time to time. I don't have time to start making bacon and eggs, would cut into the paint mixing part of things I think. Besides nobody wants to find a sauage at the bottem of their can of regal. LOL

Thanks guys :Thumbs:

Teetorbilt said:
Mark, I can't say enough about Plaza Paints here in FL. They make great coffee too!
It really sucked when they let Bruce (Port Salerno) go and kept the Marx brothers (downtown). We're talking Karl not Groucho, Harpo, Zeppo, et al.

·
Painter S.Illinois
60 Posts
Offer a cash back rewards program % based on the amount of paint purchased in a given time. Credit card co do it. Money to spent at local B.M stores.........

·
Registered
306 Posts
Paintslinger is on track.....sorta like cash back or rewards program for the top purchasers and something for the little guys.
Holiday Dinners or even drawings for the contractors..

My Ben Moore dealer gives my 25-35% off if i buy 1 gal or 20 gal
May just have higher retail tho to H.O. dont know.

About two weeks ago I bought $200 of paint and sundries add two shirts in there ($3/peice-Coronado on front and Their Name on back) they just gave em to me-nice but dont charge anyway if it is advertising them free

You could share adv costs for some, maybe drawing but it is true you are selling the paint and the paint contractor is buying it--free advertising-and sales ---need some credit?

Robert

·
Professional Painter
1,306 Posts
TRUE story.....

Ok now, SW duration exterior is $47/gal~ FOR ME!?:cry:

Me: "hey Jay, why is my cost so high?"...the response....

SW employee:"until someone makes a paint that can compete with durations quality, SW wont offer much discount, even to contractors"

Point is....making a paint that can compete with duration is my only request~

·
Registered
92 Posts
1) Eggs,toast and coffee in the mornings
2) Steak and lobster tail with mash potato for lunch
3) Meat loaf with Cesar salad for dinner. Store need to close at 7:pM
4) At least 40% discount on Paints and 33% on sundries.
5) Share 40% of our advertising.
6) Free vacation for 4 to the Bahamas (1 a year)

Did I forgot something?

Please Help!.....

Art

·
...jammin
5,234 Posts
BM Retailer - Pro Painter
Last Activity: 12-10-2004 06:47 PM
Sorry guys, the BM rep has left the building

1 - 20 of 20 Posts