Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mix of Salary & Commission

Votes: 3 50.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was brought up in another thread and I thought I would go ahead and ask everyone.

How are you compensated for you job?

Take the poll and post your comments.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Don't we cover this once a month? I get a very small salary. A Mc'Donalds worfker makes more. But I get a commission also. I make 25% profit off each sale. This comes to be about 7% off the top if I charge my bosses price but I always charge more.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
7% of total sales here.

With my new builder I hope to hit 750,000

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
Ha! I would have to sell 10 million...hehe

I hope to sell a million a year, that's my goal before I start to manage a store. But I would like to hit 750,000 in total sales sometime here real soon.
that would get me about 52,000 a year which is fine with me so far.
With my wife cranking out 50 a year and up, I should be in pretty good shape.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Draws are usually based on commission. At least around here if someone is pulling draws that means they get a small ammount per week, usually $500. The purpose of the draws are to get them through the winter months when there isn't much to sell.

Usually on the draw system the first few months of the year you are being paid on credit. Your boss is paying you in advance for future sales. About April or May the draws go away and you are now being paid on full commission.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Once my bus is up and running I plan to pull out a $500 salary per week. This is enough to pay my bills and stay alive without suffering, but not saving anything. Then I will take a quarterly bonus. I haven't worked out all the details yet with my accountant but there is less taxation to officer bonus that there is to employee paychecks... and totally legal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts