Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have what might be another newbie question. But so far Ive come away with some great advice from here. Im replacing siding on certain sides of the house at a time. When I come to an corner with new siding on one side and old siding on the other, its kinda not possible to tuck any type of housewrap under the old siding. It kills me to just cut my wrap at the corner though. Whats my best bet? Im used to siding a whole building where Im able to wrap the whole thing first.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The old siding is slate with the aluminum end caps on the corners, and Im replacing it with the pre primed osb material. Ive been making my outside corners out of 1x4. I cut the old siding 3 1/2 inches in from the conner to install my 1x4 corner so all I can get is 3.5 inches of my wrap to make it around the corner.

·
Registered
Butcher of wood and metal
7,005 Posts
The old siding is slate with the aluminum end caps on the corners, and Im replacing it with the pre primed osb material. Ive been making my outside corners out of 1x4. I cut the old siding 3 1/2 inches in from the conner to install my 1x4 corner so all I can get is 3.5 inches of my wrap to make it around the corner.
Are you replacing with a lap siding? If so 1x4 don't stand out enough for the siding , most guys use a 5 quarter board for the cornors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts