Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a GC in Cincinnati OH. While doing a remodel ran into what I believe to be a leaking street supply under the front porch. I'm getting ready to take a look tomorrow; the home owner seems to be sure that it's lead and has already been repaired at least once. I would appreciate some input on horizontal drilling to run the new line in this application - never used it. It seems that it would be far more efficient, and work saving as it looks like this line runs under the sidewalk, flower beds, etc. Is the cost comparable, in a residential application, to digging it out and effecting the repairs on the sidewalk, landscape etc. ??? Thanks

·
solar guy
1,917 Posts
If indeed it is a lead pipe you might trypulling a new copper one through the old one. you will need to get the cutter head and cable that will attach to the new pipe. dig a hole at the street or curb box one at the house to get the old pipe out of the wall and get a tow truck to pull it for you. you won't have to dig up the entire yard. This is how my plumber does it. What you referred to is called directional boring which would also work but probably be more expensive.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,

My name is Geabaru and I'm interested in buying a Vermeer 18x22 drill. Could you advise me about some technical questions I should ask when buying such a drill.

Thank you and hopefully I'll hear from you soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts