Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently i had trouble w/ horiz air handler located in a attic water did not drain only when unit was off.then filled up sec pan.i've fixed the problem,but could'nt figure out why

·
Registered
438 Posts
I had the same problem in the past, check to see if the unit is level, not by eye but with level.

Bernie

·
Registered
52 Posts
If it is ICP brand I have known them to leave out the drain plugs in the back of the horizontal pan. If you don't remove the coil before installing you won't ever notice it.

If it is only draining when off then you need to trap the drain line.

G

·
Hello people!!!! this site amazes me with all the homeowner questions. the leveling of the air handler is a good start, but only to a homeowner. Coming from a a/c contractor you guys need to check the obvious things first. like that piece of p.v.c. drain line coming out of the air handler thats the drain line. if it gets plugged then the water has nowhere to go except into the aux. drain pan. wich should have another piece of p.v.c. drain coming out of into a conspicuous location like outside over the kitchen window or something. you need to take a shop vac and hook it up to the drain line outside the house normaly by the condensor and see if you have a blocked drain line, normally you will get an algee build up in these lines and cause a restriction. and end up causing a mess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts