Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any of you get the opportunity to get involved in a build like this, do it!
This was an incredible experience and it was only the first day!
You framers rock! It was like a ballet (and I mean that in a good way!)
My Photos
Homes for our Troops

·
Service & Repairs
4,001 Posts
If any of you get the opportunity to get involved in a build like this, do it!
This was an incredible experience and it was only the first day!
You framers rock! It was like a ballet (and I mean that in a good way!)
My Photos
Homes for our Troops

This is a great idea. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
we are supposed to do one soon with one of our vendors

·
Registered
106 Posts
I know this is an old thread, however lets keep it alive.

Has anyone done a Homes for Our Troops house recently? I just registered my company and am awaiting a build in my area.

Post some pictures if you have them!

·
Registered
5,753 Posts

I signed up for a 3 day gig soon, Girl got messed up in Afgan waiting for a start date.

But when I was talking to some of the Army contacts I have, came across a project to convert a 32 unit building into a veterans home for our returning troops, who will need a lot of help getting back on their feet. This will offset the need to fill up the VA Hospital and at the same time give them independence of having an apartment in a building with health care professionals.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I registered my company about a year ago. We have only had two homes built in IL. Nothing in my area. Can't wait for the day I get to build a house for one of our great veterans.

·
Da Grump
441 Posts
If something ever comes up locally Id be more than happy to dust off my tools and load up my van.:thumbsup:
SUA-SPONTE

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
This is one very good thing to become involved in. If you're going there to learn, forget it as there are whole crews knocking things out. If you get there later in the day, good luck in doing anything but stand around as there are a lot of people knocking things out.

And best thing about it is, it's not any sort of scammer/moocher/etc.

The person you are building the house for is real and you'll meet him/her. They've stepped up and paid the price. No person with their friends/relatives/dealers/pimps/etc. waiting until the cameras are gone so they can move in and continue to work the system. Sorry for digressing but just a habitat, I mean habit of being exposed to humanity.

This organization is real and their charges are also real.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts