Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LINK By Stephen Sorace | Fox News

A Washington state homeowner shot and killed a contractor after arguing about the price of a job on Saturday, authorities said. Deputies responded just after 2:30 p.m. to a shooting at a home in Spanaway, located about 11 miles south of Tacoma, the Pierce County Sheriff’s Office said.
The 52-year-old contractor was found dead inside the home when deputies arrived.
Initial reports indicated that the 62-year-old homeowner hired the contractor to do tile work at the home, according to the sheriff’s office. The homeowner and contractor appeared to get into an argument over the cost of the job prior to the shooting.
When the contractor threatened to destroy the tile, the homeowner shot and killed him, deputies said.
The homeowner was arrested and booked into jail on a charge of first-degree murder.
Authorities did not immediately release the names of the suspect and victim.
Deputies are continuing to investigate the incident.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
13,065 Posts
Wait.......... what?

The HO decided AFTER the tile was installed to haggle about the price?

·
General Contractor
8,090 Posts
Today you never know... Could be over anything. With everything that is going on in the country, on top of that people have been isolated due to covid and still many face restrictions and regulations, and everything else you can throw into the mix including the kitchen sink... It doesn't take much to push someone over the edge if they have already been living on the edge just waiting for something to set them off.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
30,168 Posts
I hope it wasn't one of those one-hit wonder homeowners we get here looking for advice.
Did anyone tell someone they'd shoot the tile guy?
LOL

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Well now he doesn’t have to pay for the remodel, the only problem is when he gets out in 60 years he’s going to have to remodel again!

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
56,728 Posts
I guess when the contractor said he'd bang it out......

·
Registered
GC
1,105 Posts
Home owner clearly won that dispute.

I can't fathom killing someone over a petty argument. One guy dead, one guy spending the rest of his life in jail over a few bucks.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Pre- meditated? for 1st degree murder here......

"Honey, I am going to shoot the tile mechanic...."

If he WAS over-charging, isn't it self defense in your own home.......:unsure::devilish::unsure:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Stories like this make me feel like chit about the whole 'winning work' and 'pricing right' for jobs - imagine if this was your father, who busted his ass to do the work which was already agreed on with the price only to end up dead. Lucky im in Australia and Guns are banned here unless you apply through the police, lol

·
Designer/Contractor
5,434 Posts
Yeah, real lucky to be in Australia where the laws are now pretty much worse than it was living in the old USSR. Guns............ who needs 'em?

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
56,728 Posts
Stories like this make me feel like chit about the whole 'winning work' and 'pricing right' for jobs - imagine if this was your father, who busted his ass to do the work which was already agreed on with the price only to end up dead. Lucky im in Australia and Guns are banned here unless you apply through the police, lol
From what I can see you've lost your country to the authoritarians mate. You lost it because they stripped you of you guns and no longer fear you.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
56,728 Posts
Whenever they take one weapon away another takes it's place. I heard they were thinking about banning a lot of different kinds of knives down there. You can kill someone with a rock, when do they start banning rocks?

·
Registered
Custom
13,767 Posts
Whenever they take one weapon away another takes it's place. I heard they were thinking about banning a lot of different kinds of knives down there. You can kill someone with a rock, when do they start banning rocks?
Chop off all their hands... problem solved... (y):LOL:

Tongue-in-cheek aside, a person intent on killing someone else is already at a point where what they use (i.e. - guns, knives, axes, cars, bats, etc.) matters little to them, but the person it's targeted for is in a much better position to defend themselves armed versus unarmed...

EVERY politician in the world (OK, maybe an exception or two) believes in their protection using armed force paid for by taxpayers... no one is asking their detail to use limited clips, firearms, etc...

Surprise, surprise... :rolleyes:

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
13,065 Posts
Hammers. Wrecking bars. Tire irons. Pipe nipples. Baseball bats. Golf clubs.

The left is self-deluded into thinking they can legislate everyone to morality.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts