Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Referral Service
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie homeowner in Los Angeles, CA and I desperately need help with a failing retaining wall and replacing the driveway. I tried Yelp, HomeAdvisor, and Angie's List, and even a local home improvement referral service. I just couldn't bring myself to trust the reviews on Yelp. In the contractor categories, everything is either 1 stars or 5 stars, and is usually written by people with very few reviews (shills?). There are also very few reviews on Angie's List and HomeAdvisor was a crapshoot. I thought I found a contractor in November and talked over details with him, but his lack and slowness of communication has caused me to reconsider.

I started my research back in July and I pride myself on being thorough, but it's been half a year now and my wife, who usually doesn't nag and has been very supporting as she's been witness to my struggles, is starting to worry.

I figure the contractors on this web site are very passionate and engaged in their craft, and I hope to get a referral or advice from experts, rather than from John Doe on the internets or from lead generation web sites with questionable value to both homeowners and contractors.

If this is the wrong forum or web site, please let me know, and I'd like to apologize in advance.

I even put together a web site to try and help me (as indicated by my profile and my service provider tag), but I was not able to use it to find someone to do retaining walls. Another huge setback in my research that wasted a lot of my time.

Would be deeply grateful for any type of help!

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
24,937 Posts
Thanks for posting on ContractorTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer that you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ContractorTalk.com is designed for professional contractors to discuss issues and topics related to the construction and remodeling industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.