Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never liked my Dewalt chop saw stand very much. Found enough scrap in the boneyard to put together this stand to replace it. It's not much to look at but it works great, cost nothing, and only took about 2 beers time to build. The intent was to only use it for crown, but it's light and I bring it everywhere now.
It works awesome for positive stop scenarios. The last pic is my stand in use today, bulk cutting some t&g mahogany for some deck skirting.
I am curious to see if anyone else is rocking a homemade??

Attachments

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
51,605 Posts

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
No outriggers Lee,,...........:blink: nice stand but how do you cut long trim on that..........:blink: I'm surprised you don't have that saw nested on a stationary set up...you have enough room certainly.....

Is he referencing the stand question to be portable or stationary....?

B,

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
51,605 Posts
Same height as my tablesaw. If I need long I rest it on that.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's cool. I love my dewalt stand. Light, fast, adjustable..
Very light and fast. I've just had crown or floppy mdf slide off the support ends one too many times. I still use my Dewalt stand for my nonslide chop saw, and I've been abusing it for 7 years now. It is a great stand. Mine is just beat to s.

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
I have seen so many setups , on so many threads,...,enough to leave my head spinning......

I (personally) love to see what it is we all produce,....more than anything else....

Some incredible people on here,,,,,,,

What we use to put a SCMS on........:rolleyes:

I am so tired of that.........:rolleyes:

B,

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have seen so many setups , on so many threads,...,enough to leave my head spinning......

I (personally) love to see what it is we all produce,....more than anything else....

Some incredible people on here,,,,,,,

What we use to put a SCMS on........:rolleyes:

I am so tired of that.........:rolleyes:

B,
What is an SCMS?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have been wanting to build this one out of a Woodsmith magazine I received awhile back... But then again I still have to build the Paulk Workbench from the plans I bought before that as well, so it might be awhile... :laughing:

In the meantime though my Dewalt stand is doing it's job well.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
More interested in what we put our Festivus poles in....:rolleyes:
So tired of that.....:rolleyes:

·
Wood Craftsman
7,324 Posts
Show me what you do with your skills......

I really like that......:thumbsup:

these stands, saws,tools........do you have any idea how many threads are on this subject..........:blink:

let alone...the BEST saw...etc..etc.......

to be fair.,...

our search engine absolutely blows cow patties........:rolleyes:

sorry for injecting my "out of the box" comments.....I meant no disrespect to you ....

B,

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
Tired of people calling miter saws, chop saws.:rolleyes:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

P.S. I really don't give a damn.:jester:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Show me what you do with your skills......

I really like that......:thumbsup:

these stands, saws,tools........do you have any idea how many threads are on this subject..........:blink:

let alone...the BEST saw...etc..etc.......

to be fair.,...

our search engine absolutely blows cow patties........:rolleyes:

sorry for injecting my "out of the box" comments.....I meant no disrespect to you ....

B,
No disrespect taken. This is the first contractor forum I've ever been on. I didn't know this was a thread I shouldn't have started.
In my defense, the title of my thread is "homemade chop saw stands". If that is to redundant and lame, then the thread title should have been sufficient warning.
Here's what I've done for the last 3 days with my saw. No big deal, I can tell you are a woodworker and probably will laugh at what I do. Pays the bills, and the client is happy. Super quick front porch rebuild, post paint to be done by HO and metal railing handled by my bud. Just worked almost a month strait, even thanksgiving. Tonight starts a week vacay and Im tying it on pretty well.
Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Love some of these! Anytime I have done then I have had an issue with the wings moving. What do you guys do to keep them from doing that? I know the simple answer is to clamp it but guessing someone had a much better solution....

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here is my dewalt stand but a little customized, could not do without it, I'll get it out for just one cut, its got a stop as long as 11' 6", I 've had it for at least five years
What's the story with that Extendo Fence? That looks awesome!

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,205 Posts
Actually I've seen a lot of threads on miter saw stands, but not that many on home made miter saw stands. So what's old to some may be new to others. Please carry on.

When I don't have an interest in a thread I don't participate. I don't try to push my dislike on others who may want to. Especially not to a point where it is rude to another poster who is new and doesn't have the knowledge that I have of other threads that may or may not of been posted before. Your welcome to start a post on anything you wish within the forum rules. And I really like the idea of some new opinions and ideas around here. The new posters are very important in this area. They should be treated with a little latitude.........Just my .02

1 - 20 of 47 Posts