Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
15 years in business in Central NJ building new homes. Now with current economic times I have moved back into remodeling, Kitchens, Baths & Additions what I had done at the start of my career. Now I would prefer to use other peoples money instead of mine until we find the bottom of this real estate market/ economy.

Bill

·
solar guy
1,917 Posts
What happens when new building picks back up?
I suspect gone like a shot.
Thank you for taking an already thin remodeling market and thinning it out even further.:mad:
Do you have any real commitment to the remodeling industry? Or is this just a gap filler for you?

Questions are for the OP

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What happens when new building picks back up?
I suspect gone like a shot.
Thank you for taking an already thin remodeling market and thinning it out even further.:mad:
Do you have any real commitment to the remodeling industry? Or is this just a gap filler for you?

Questions are for the OP
I have been in the remodeling business since day one between the new homes I put up. I prefer not working for homeowners and spending my nights and weekends bidding jobs that I may never get. Friends that were bigger builders and lost touch with the remodeling end have been sitting home for 90% of the time the past 2 years. Because I stayed with it to a certain degree I have been able to stay busy since my last new home almost 2 years ago with an addition, some kitchens and quite a few bathrooms. I have another addition in the works for the spring as soon as my architect finishes some of the customers changes. I can't say business has been that thin or bad here although it's not what it was. My thoughts are the new home building can pick up again but I will never give up the remodeling side because when it slows again someday with another cycle I don't want to sit home.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Welcome to CT and I've been doing alot of remodles too I feel ya:thumbsup:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Questions are for the OP
Don't worry about someone taking jobs from you, worry about your own "thin" market. :rolleyes: Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts