Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's official, the largest home show of the year is cancelled and work has already been slim pickings.
That said, I need some help going online. I've tried a few lead services and really only had luck with Porch.com, Thumbtack & Smart Remodel, however; the rest of them I just blew a bunch of money and I really need more leads to make sure everyone keeps their jobs next year.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe some information on who you are and what you do would help. Location?
Yes - I am a partner of a painting company in Denver, CO called Homestar Painting. We primarily focus on residential repaints (interior and exterior), drywall work and do some holiday light hanging this time of year. It's only our 2nd year in business too.

Did I forget anything?

·
Registered
11,676 Posts
Most guys have more work than they can handle around here. I'd it different where you are?

I hate to suggest it, but as a new company, you may want to reach out to property management companies who are doing rental turn around.

It can be steady work and gets your name out. Just make sure you work for a fair, to you, price. Don't start out cheap with the hope of more work to offset the low wages.

There are prop. Management companies who expect to pay a fair price. You may need to run through a few different ones.

It isn't glamorous, but it can keep the lights on.

Also, work any contacts at your suppliers, paint suppliers, etc. Let them know you need work. They may assume you are super busy if the more established guys are.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most guys have more work than they can handle around here. I'd it different where you are?

I hate to suggest it, but as a new company, you may want to reach out to property management companies who are doing rental turn around.

It can be steady work and gets your name out. Just make sure you work for a fair, to you, price. Don't start out cheap with the hope of more work to offset the low wages.

There are prop. Management companies who expect to pay a fair price. You may need to run through a few different ones.

It isn't glamorous, but it can keep the lights on.

Also, work any contacts at your suppliers, paint suppliers, etc. Let them know you need work. They may assume you are super busy if the more established guys are.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Ah - never thought about reaching out to property managers. The new business thing is a bit of a challenge. Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
145 Posts
My demo guy started out by going to the towns he wanted to work in and looking up permits. He sent out emails to all of the active GC's and builders. He now has 10 in the field and 3 in the office. If you are good at what you do you just need to get your name out there.

Don't start out being the cheap guy, it takes years to climb out of. Communication, quality work & honesty will get you very far.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's official, the largest home show of the year is cancelled and work has already been slim pickings.
That said, I need some help going online. I've tried a few lead services and really only had luck with Porch.com, Thumbtack & Smart Remodel, however; the rest of them I just blew a bunch of money and I really need more leads to make sure everyone keeps their jobs next year.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Hey Alcordova,

There are several things you can do. Database re-activation campaign. Cold email campaign and prospect nurturing. Make sure your Google my Business listing is top notch. Do it in that order for speed. Results in a week kind of speed.

The problem with porch.com, etc is you pay to be seen, you pay a ton of money for shared leads that run a chance to annoy the crap out of the people requesting the service. You have to be fast to reply when the lead comes in, which requires a level of dedication that most contractor types struggle with. That's true for any lead service. There are some good online lead gen companies, but mostly crappy one. If you can find one that qualifies and books the exclusive lead for you, even better. Those leads are gold.

If you get better online visibility that will certainly help. Easy to say right. All the best

·
PCI
General Contracting
664 Posts
I have a local painting partner that kills it on Facebook. I don't know how it works, but he drops about $1000 a month and it gets hi. 2 months of business. Just an fyi.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts