Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have all kinds of certifications from the united states department of labor and the department industrial relations the bbb and I was wondering do you guys put these on your advertising and how much would it help in considering a contractor for the work?

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
If you want input from the HO's,
Try DIY Forum.....

·
Don
1,322 Posts
BBW's yea i like big azzez

·
Sean
5,514 Posts
So I have all kinds of certifications from the united states department of labor and the department industrial relations the bbb and I was wondering do you guys put these on your advertising and how much would it help in considering a contractor for the work?
As a newly minted C5 framing contractor (10 days as I recall) with no web site, you need a photo book / publicity package. Yes, you can include copies of these documents in there but what really counts is your work - past work, new work (do you have any), references, etc...

Be honest, talk the talk & back it up by walking the walk when you do get the job. Best of luck & keep the questions for HO's where they belong

FYI - it is the United States not united states & BBB not bbb :furious: Show some respect & it may be paid back to you

·
Dr Heat
516 Posts
oops i thought this was a contractors site not English 101 please forgive my bad speling

·
Sean
5,514 Posts
oops i thought this was a contractors site not English 101 please forgive my bad speling
Dr. Heat - Split poster personality disorder??? or did you just screw up your original ID & decide to start a new one?

·
Dr Heat
516 Posts
Dr. Heat - Split poster personality disorder??? or did you just screw up your original ID & decide to start a new one?
not sure I follow. If I screwed something up please let me konw.:laughing:

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
not sure I follow. If I screwed something up please let me konw.:laughing:
You first posted as "THE GREEK", now you're the friggin' Tin Man and calling yourself "DR. HEAT"

He's asking you if you changed your user name or what....it's confusing, that's all, a quick answer clears it up and then we can continue with this canard..:laughing:

Next post if you're Dorothy, you'll really take a shellaccin', I can promise you that! :laughing:

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
No sh!t! :laughing:
Between the wize-azzes like me and the OP starting out as the enigmatic "The Greek" and then morphing into a character from The Wizard of Oz, it's not going to get any better either. :clap:

I doubt you'll see a straight answer up next :eek:

·
Dr Heat
516 Posts
You first posted as "THE GREEK", now you're the friggin' Tin Man and calling yourself "DR. HEAT"

He's asking you if you changed your user name or what....it's confusing, that's all, a quick answer clears it up and then we can continue with this canard..:laughing:

Next post if you're Dorothy, you'll really take a shellaccin', I can promise you that! :laughing:
Never posted as the Greek sorry for the confusion.

·
Dr Heat
516 Posts
That's bizarre, you see the first post up there right?
So because I have an avatar from the Wizard of Oz I ipso facto must have made the first post? Now I get it we're not in Kansas any more

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
This is your first post in this thread, you reference your bad spelling, the only place where bbb was spelled that way was in the OP.

This is a parallel universe.
If there's a bunch of midgets running around here in a minute and a damned scarecrow, I'll eat my flat hat!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts