Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I threw my very old Makita cordless drill in the van & headed to HD to get 15% off a new lithium drill. I already have an impact driver & a 1/2" hammer drill, so I just wanted a lightweight drill to compliment my Impact. I figured to spend about $100. HD must have jacked up their prices for this offer because all of their decent small drills were close to $200. The only ones around $100 had a max rpm of 500. Man, that is too slow to be practical IMO.
Their deal stipulates trading in your clunker drill for a lithium drill only. Oh well, I'll lug this thing around until the deal is up & if I don't see something good I'll just trash the Makita.
Steve

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
The "trade up" deal must not have hit my area yet.

I guess when it hits here, I will have to get my calculator out to figure out how it will benefit them, or if its possibly a good deal.

You never know with the BB's

·
Carpe Diem
20,742 Posts
The "trade up" deal must not have hit my area yet.

I guess when it hits here, I will have to get my calculator out to figure out how it will benefit them, or if its possibly a good deal.

You never know with the BB's
Yeah, they've been promoting it on TV here. I'm sure they all have it.

I'd suggest checking with Amazon.com before you look at HD. Amazon's prices are usually very good to begin with. On top of that, you don't pay tax and rarely pay shipping. Check daily at Amazon as their prices can fluctuate big time over a few days.

I say buy at Amazon, have it delivered to your door. Then sell your old stuff on craigslist. From the looks of a few recent "visitors" to this site, you can sell your stuff there without issue :laughing:.

·
I like Green things
23,068 Posts
Yeah, they've been promoting it on TV here. I'm sure they all have it.

I'd suggest checking with Amazon.com before you look at HD. Amazon's prices are usually very good to begin with. On top of that, you don't pay tax and rarely pay shipping. Check daily at Amazon as their prices can fluctuate big time over a few days.

I say buy at Amazon, have it delivered to your door. Then sell your old stuff on craigslist. From the looks of a few recent "visitors" to this site, you can sell your stuff there without issue :laughing:.
Think HD would give me a good deal on a festool trade in??

I hope I can get on of those green ryobi's, I like green.:laughing:

·
The Duke
14,746 Posts
They have a table here with the sign up. I talked with the guy in the tool area and told him "the sign says ANY lithion tool" so I grabbed the drill/driver and they said no because there were 2 tools in there. The rest are the little white ones or ones I don't need.

·
Super Moderator
10,672 Posts
Wait until closer to Christmas. Usually both Home Depot and Lowes run specials where they offer 20 percent off power tools and also have some
that are already marked down. A couple years ago, I got my Dewalt compound slider for less than 400 bucks.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea, I noticed today a HD that they have signs on the lithium drills that qualify. I am only interested in a small drill that has high rpm's. They have a Rigid 12V for $139 & a Milwaukee for $149. Lowes has a 12V Bosch for $129. I would rather have the Bosch but they won't honor the HD trade up offer. A shame.
I will check Amazon & Ebay. Thanks Angus.
Steve

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Online, these seem to be the going prices. I quess anything lithium is going to be expensive right now, except Ryobi @ $79. But at 500 rpm max, no thanks.
Steve

Yea, I noticed today a HD that they have signs on the lithium drills that qualify. I am only interested in a small drill that has high rpm's. They have a Rigid 12V for $139 & a Milwaukee for $149. Lowes has a 12V Bosch for $129. I would rather have the Bosch but they won't honor the HD trade up offer. A shame.
I will check Amazon & Ebay. Thanks Angus.
Steve

1 - 13 of 13 Posts