1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Fentoozler
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A little follow up to this thread:
Home Depot $139.00 deal

HD is now offering a whole house install for $39.00

$39 Whole-House Installation on Over a Hundred New Lower Price STAINMASTER® Carpets
Valid 8/27/09 through 9/17/09 at U.S. The Home Depot stores. Pricing includes $39 carpet installation for one or more rooms on all Special Order STAINMASTER branded carpets excluding the Special Buys and In-stock Sky Rocket carpet. Pricing only applies to installation labor for STAINMASTER carpet and pad from The Home Depot in single family residential homes. Offer excludes additional labor (e.g. moving furniture, removing and hauling away existing flooring and stairs installation) and is not valid on glue down carpet installations or for 72-hour Carpet Program. See store for details and license numbers. Minimum purchase amount required.
Available In-Stores Only
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...ffers&langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

I am so having everything carpeted in my house....the kitchen, bathroom, garage.

They can even carpet the backyard fort for that price .

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
OC now enforces a minimum lawn coverage on new construction, because people were going maintenance free with concrete, pavers and stone on 100% of the property.:eek:

·
Registered
996 Posts
There's alot of small print in that, you also have to buy there pad which is crap and I think it was about $3/ft. Also have to pay for furniture moving, stairs, and disposal of old flooring.
I went to a local carpet guy and he beat HD price a little and did a great job.

·
Flooring Installer
796 Posts
If people are dumb enough to think that HD is giving them a bargain, they are getting what they deserve. Common sense is not very common, these days.

·
Registered
475 Posts
If you shop around I think you'll find on an apples to apples comparison there are very few more expensive places than Home Depot. As far as quality workmanship I don't have any experience to judge. I shopped them on carpet, ceramic, vinyl and dozens of non-flooring products. They're not the cheap way to go.

Installation for $39, $139 or $1039 is a meaningless number. All flooring stores roll ALL the material and labor prices into a lump sum estimate and negotiate from there. Fact is that the Home Depot is a global corporation and therefore they have much more overhead and much less flexibility than the local store or some dude working out of his garage.

·
Flooring Installer
796 Posts
I stopped in a HD a few months back to get a box of tack strip. The "salesman" didn't even know there was wood and concrete and didn't know where it was.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
we have had 2 successful sales where we gave away pad and install for FREE!
still made the same profit as a really good sale and the customer still got a great deal.
this isn't rocket science here.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts