Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to research home automation systems. The only 2 brands I know of are HAI and Crestron, with from what I hear, Crestron being ridiculously overpriced. What I want is a system that I can integrate a security system, lighting, HVAC, security cameras, speakers throughout the house, etc. I'm not looking for an answer as to what system to buy, but hopefully some good sources of information so that i can do my own research. I basically know nothing about running cat5 for tv and home automation systems, and I'm trying to sift through all the crap by someone experienced guiding me in the right direction to do my homework.

Thanks fellas,

Gary

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Control 4 can't be touched for the price...It's what I run at home.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looking into the control 4. Is this something an electrician and myself could install, besides not being able to buy the equipment. Or is it something that takes a lot of technical knowledge on this system?

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Looking into the control 4. Is this something an electrician and myself could install, besides not being able to buy the equipment. Or is it something that takes a lot of technical knowledge on this system?
Oh yeah it's easy to install, I can even send you a diagram and then remotely program it for you.

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
I've looked into it a lot cause a like tech stuff and want to automate my home as much as my wife would let me. Problem is we plan to live in/flip houses for 10-20 years.

Inner, Can I PM you in 20 years when I'm ready to do it on my final house? :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts