Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to sign up yesterday with H Advisers . I filled a registration form before yesterday . I received an email saying that such and such will be calling me shortly on the number I provided .
THE NEXT DAY I receive a call on my personal number from a 913 area code number (different number from the one that was provided to me through email ). I was weary but let it go after I saw the email is from H advisers . At first the conversation was ok until when I was told to pay a monthly fee of $29 .
My reaction was ""whaaaaat"" and no way I am not paying a monthly fee on top of the leads. I said to him I cant pay $29 monthly fee thats when this person Radell JAKE turned into a jerk . His reaction was <<so what you wont pay $29 to grow your business>> (with a tone that s making me feel like I am an idiot) .First of all this WAS THE FIRST TIME HE MENTIONED THE FEE AFTER AN HR CONVERSATION AND SETTING UP THE ACCOUNT.
For some reason the phone call got disconnected ( I am still talking on the other side trying to get the MONTHLY fee waived) I HEAR THE PHONE RINGING AND I SAID OH **** we got disconnected , His reaction was <<raising his voice at me and with a tone that I really do not appreciate >> why did you hang on me
Me: i did not , it was the call that got disconnected and i DO NOT LIKE THE TONE OFF YOUR VOICE.
Him: no it is you that are are freaking out ,you hanged up on me.
Me: what are you talking about man ,we got disconnected.
Him: no you hanged up . I do not need you.... watch me hang up.<<I RUN THE SHOW >>
and then He hanged up
I was . I did not know what had just happened .

After 20 min I receive another phone call on my business number from the person ""Ben Mathison"" that should have called me in the first place.
Again the same rude tone .(I have the feeling that this internet people have the perception that us being contractors know nothing about internet and we are idiots.)At my surprise his question was do you know how it works. I said, I Have an idea but why don 't you tell me .
He said we provide you the leads and the membership.
I said what membership ? He was kinda not wanted to admit that there was a membership fee. after me insisting what was the membership he finally told me the membership fee is $50 dollars .
I said ok, but why the other person that called me said that it is $29 .
him: I do not know they might be from another office.
Any way i AM TIRED OFF WRITING THE WHOLE STORY bUT WHAT I GOT FROM THEM is
HOME ADVISORS do NOT NEED US . They put you down making you feel like you do not know what you are talking about. this is their tactics for making you feel that it is a good service and to sign with them.
NO WAY I AM SIGNING UP WITH THEM AFTER THE EXPERIENCE I HAD YESTERDAY.
BELIEVE IT OR NOT IT DID HAPPEN. I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP

·
Pro
2,859 Posts
It's okay to vent . You will get a phone once a week . Then ever month . To get you back and join . With different agent ever time .

·
Registered
49 Posts
Who would be interested in a class action lawsuit against HA?

I had an $80 fence lead that was just a woman that wanted a panel put back up with 4 nails. The homeowners didn’t pick up the phone on 4 of the leads and I found out that 1 was a competitor.

Out of the 20 leads that I bought, 13 of them were garbage. I asked for a refund or at least 13 real leads to replace the 13 false leads and was denied for every lead.

And it is so easy to get a lead. A homeowner confused with the layout on the website browsing around can accidentally click on something that takes them to 20 unwanted calls from contractors. If someone’s salesperson quits, they still get sent leads to either accept or to deny.

If I got 500 contractors with me who were ripped off $500, we would now have a $250,000 class action lawsuit. And that's just 500 contractors!

·
Hair Splitter
18,333 Posts
Who would be interested in a class action lawsuit against HA?

I had an $80 fence lead that was just a woman that wanted a panel put back up with 4 nails. The homeowners didn’t pick up the phone on 4 of the leads and I found out that 1 was a competitor.

Get a credit. This was clearly a handyman lead and not a fence lead. Competitor leads will get credited. Also if you call HA they will try other ways to get in touch with the lead, if they cannot reach them you typically get a credit.

Out of the 20 leads that I bought, 13 of them were garbage. I asked for a refund or at least 13 real leads to replace the 13 false leads and was denied for every lead.

You are not guaranteed sales, just leads. What makes them garbage? All that a lead is someone inquiring about your services, not someone ready to purchase your services. Several leads will come in as "Planning and Budgeting". I get those leads even through my own website or other avenue.

And it is so easy to get a lead. A homeowner confused with the layout on the website browsing around can accidentally click on something that takes them to 20 unwanted calls from contractors. If someone’s salesperson quits, they still get sent leads to either accept or to deny.

They have to fill out an entire form before they can accidentally submit the request, and I believe that their is a confirmation screen after you click submit. And only three contractors get the same lead.

If I got 500 contractors with me who were ripped off $500, we would now have a $250,000 class action lawsuit. And that's just 500 contractors!
And $225,000 goes to the lawyers.

The fact is there are no guarantees when it comes to any marketing or advertising campaign.

·
Hair Splitter
18,333 Posts
I already talked to a very famous lawyer in my area. He said that he would get a percentage only if we win the case.
Yeah, I got a notice recently from a class action I was apart of...I get $3 back. You do realize the only winners in a class action are the lawyers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts