Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
The Deck Guy
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a scorcher here today in NJ. It was literally so hot you could not touch bare metal (drill bits, speed squares, etc....) with your bare hands.

I don't like hot weather and this was just ridiculous. One of my guys set up a 10x10 pop up on the deck since he is the zen railing master and it didn't really help.

This kind of heat just plain takes the life out of you.

·
General Contractor
3,444 Posts
Not bad here in FL. I think it only hit the mid 90's.

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
25,289 Posts
It was a scorcher here today in NJ.
'Tweren't too bad in PA either. I loaded up with a bag of ice in the morning, and by the afternoon we were taking turns draping it around our necks for half a minute every so often. That, combined with lots of liquid and wet cloths around our necks, let us get a full day in with pretty good productivity. :thumbsup:

Then I get home and my wife who's been out of work for a year says she wasn't able to do anything around the house because it was so hot. <sigh>

·
Fentoozler
5,623 Posts
I was working on a giant A/C unit....needless to say: It was HOT.
The thing is scheduled to go "on line" this Friday.

·
The Deck Guy
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had it made in the shade since I was crawling under the deck most of the time I was on site.

At about 3:00 I told the guys to go sit in the shade for a minute. I think they literally dropped their tools the instant I said it and went and sat down.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
56,528 Posts
Worked in my shop today. The tin box. Got to about 90º in the shop. Had some fans blowing straight on me when I could. When I left it was 88.7º. Felt good to jump in the truck with the A/C, to bad the trip home is only 2 miles.

·
Fentoozler
5,623 Posts
I had 2 guys demo'ing my bathroom today....the wife left our A/C on for them all day.

·
Registered
685 Posts
You learn real quick in AZ, not to set your hammer down for even a second on a roof or almost any other place in the sun

Nice thing with the humidity out here - you can always run a fan outside & it will help cool you off
Nice here today, mid 70's, nice breeze off the lake, huge shade trees around the cabin, and partly to mostly cloudy skies.:thumbup:

much better then all the rain the past few weeks, and the hot temps in the forecast:sad:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts