Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Pro
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dewalts new compact radio and battery charging phone . Never seen them before . A lot of flash lights as usual . Transport Vehicle Yellow Car Model car

·
Pro
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kambrooks said:
How long before dewalt gives up the 18v line? I know it was popular but...
I know its crazy . But they must make money on them other wise they would not sell it .

·
Particulate Filter
4,430 Posts
They finanlly built the radio I wanted! Cell phone case. All three battery types. I think this was a samrt move for dewalt to pull guys from the 18v into 20v.

But it only has one speaker. And buy the time youve been a contractor long enough to see a line of tools come and go you're gonna need two speakers.

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
their trying to compete with the bosch radios.. still dont have anywhere near as good the sound..

also the 20v batteries are actually just 18v.. the 20v thing is when their voltage is tested wheny they come off the charger.. but when running it will read 18

·
Registered
Custom cabinetry
9,178 Posts
It looks like the radio doesn't charge the batteries either. I was considering getting it and a 2 pack of bats and then ordering the bare tool framing nailer.

·
Contractor
4,763 Posts
I would like to see a converter/shoe to allow use of the new 20v batteries on older 18v platforms. I'm into the 18v line to much to drop-a hybrid setup would help to slowly switch.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The radio in the picture is the compact radio they have a full size radio that also charges the batteries.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you want that adapter get one soon before Dewalt sends the lawyers after him. Dewalt made and error by not having an adapter for the old stem packs to the 20v line. I get their are people that will be loyal to Dewalt no matter what, but this change gave people the option of selling their old stuff and moving to another brand. An adapter would have allowed people to gradually buy in. Well nothing I said hasn't been said before.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
How long before dewalt gives up the 18v line? I know it was popular but...
"
News - Continued Commitment to 18V Cordless Tools

This fall we launched our new line of DEWALT 20V MAX* cordless tools, which feature a new slide-pack lithium ion battery system. With the new battery system, we are able to take advantage of the benefits of lithium ion technology so that professionals experience the power they need in an ergonomic, compact package. The new battery configuration also contributes to a more comfortable handle design for optimum balance and control.

While DEWALT is excited to offer our new 20V MAX* system, we will continue to support contractors who own cordless tools powered by DEWALT’s 18V NiCd or lithium ion stem battery packs. We’re committed to these end users and our popular 18V cordless system. DEWALT’s 18V products are here to stay, and we will continue to manufacture, sell and service 18V power tools, batteries and chargers.

The professional contractor is at the heart of the DEWALT brand, and our product innovations are driven by the needs of professional end users. With the largest cordless systems on the market, DEWALT is the brand users look to as the leader in cordless technology. We’re not planning on letting a single one of those contractors down. Whether you’re looking for the compact size 12V MAX* tools offer, the improved ergonomics of our 20V MAX* tools, or the proven reliability and performance of our 18V offering, DEWALT has your back now and in the future. Stay tuned for more announcements and exiting news for continued expansion and support of all of DEWALT’s battery types and voltages."

link

Reactions: kambrooks
1 - 19 of 19 Posts