Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vagitarian
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We installed 24" pipe, head wall, 2 storm manholes and a R-5 rip rap apron for a stream diversion for the start of a new 28 lot residential development we are doing. The local utility company came out and held the pole for us as we exposed 1 whole side of it, 6ft. deep. We installed everything in both directions that way we were ready for them to come and hold the pole. They clamped onto it, I dug it out and we threw the last section of pipe in and covered it up. They were on site for 2hrs. Charged $85/hr. Not sure if they charge for travel time, haven't gotten the bill. Well worth it though.

Attachments

·
Vagitarian
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the past I have walked an excavator up alongside of it and chain it fast to the boom. Here I didn't have the room because of wetlands on the other side of the pole.

·
Vagitarian
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They will flop over too. I have seen it happen. It cost the contractor alot of money. Better to be safe than sorry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.