Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am going to be doing some concrete work and I have to hoard the location.

does anyone have any ideas what I can use? I was thinking of Tarps, not sure if it will work.

·
Hack
3,011 Posts
Need more info...

What kind of work? Wall forming? Slab?
What temps are you working in right now?

I did a forming job a couple years ago in mid January where we had to hoard the forms after every pour with large insulated tarps, and then we had forced heat going to them to maintain a decent temperature.
I've not yet come across any good way to hoard a slab...but that's just from limited experience with slabs in cold weather.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Thick plastic.

Insulated blankets.

Pot heaters.

Big tarps to keep an area clear of snow...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am in northern Alberta so we have to deal with hoarding every year between november to april.

When we have to hoard a concrete slab, we wait until it is finished and safe to walk on, then we cover it first with poli, and then an insulated tarp, if we have to walk on it for whatever reason, we make paths with plywood

This past winter year we had to cover a huge concrete slab that took from 6:00 am to 12:30 am to care for, I was in another jobsite and I didnt go to this other site until 7:00 pm. Two months after, we had to hoard the whole building area for the bricklayers...

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts