Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Chief outhouse engineer
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished up a nice job in a neighboring town for the bank president and his lovely wife last week. It rained friday, so we hopped back over there and washed the job and picked up the last of our stuff.

HO calls Sat. with a few questions he was worried about, I didn't have time to address them on Friday but told him I still had a few details to wrap up, but the brick needed to be dry so first of the week I would be over to wrap it up for good.

Working there this evening, the lovely wife comes out and says, "this came in the mail for you today." A catalog from Wear Guard for uniforms and such which I don't use, but sometimes order tee shirts if they are really cheap.

The catalog has the HO address and my name printed on the back page. :eek:

I have been working there on and off all summer rebuilding fireplace, adding a brick ledge and now we have finished the additional brick. Pictures to follow one of these days.

How the heck did a company I rarely do business with (been at least 2 years ago)manage to send a catalog to me via a customers home in a town I have never lived in?

No, she is not "hot" she is a 6 time grandma, does some painting in her spare time and has been a treat to work for. (other than she knows her colors and definately knows what she wants.) Brings us snacks once in a while and pays the day I invoice them. :notworthy

·
Carpe Diem
20,742 Posts
Maybe you ordered materials and had them shipped directly to the jobsite and that company "sold" your info?????

·
Official CT Greeter!
1,397 Posts
at least it wasn't a nudey mag...:whistling

·
Registered
759 Posts
Have you been wearing typical beat up mason's clothes while working there? Maybe she is dropping you a hint that it is time for some new work clothes? Maybe she looked up at you on the scaffolding and got an eyefull of something??:w00t:

·
Chief outhouse engineer
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats pretty good NJ, I am always fully clothed, my assistant sometimes could get a new lineup. No scaffold involved on this one, 7 foot max around the front door.

But I am going to order some stuff, 50% off a lot of their popular items.

If you want some long lasting clothes, these guys have a nice selection.

·
Chief outhouse engineer
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bank presidents wife, I don't think she needs my name to get some stupid discount. She paints mostly interior, lots of stencil and stuff like that, mostly for folks she knows. She is not one to sit around thats for sure.

Probably another mystery to be solved when we figure out where all the sox go in the dryer.

I have only two accounts around and I do not believe they would be selling info or they would not have any customers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts