Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to know if anyone is using Hitachis new framing nailer, and do they perform and hold up?

·
Registered
10 Posts
My rep gave me one to try out. It works fine for a righthander but it's to tight for a lefty. He said they released it to see what kind of feedback they got about the new look.

·
Registered
1 Posts
if your referring to the one with flames on it.....

I'd say it works alright, a buddy of mine got one and let me nail some joists up when I visited his site one day.

I'll let you know any negative feedback that he gives me...:cool:

·
Registered
44 Posts
"the green hornet" has been performing well for us for almost 6 months... just keep it clean and oiled.
I bought it on sale thinking it would end up being a backup pistol.
I was wrong.
My guys like it.

Why dont framing guns come with a storage box!

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
wdwrkr75 said:
what is the purpose of the cliped head nail as opposed to the regular framing nails in a regular framing gun
I believe they're just so you can fit more nails on a clip, - - and at a lesser angle.

Some areas don't allow them anymore, - - as they don't have as much pull-out resistance.

·
Deck Designer/Builder
2,430 Posts
Mike Finley said:
My Porter Cable F350 came with a case, I thought they all did?
I'm seeing more and more tools coming without a hard case. Most combo kits come in bags now. My assumption is that the tool companies are just cutting back on costs. I hate the bag my combo kit came in - they never seem to all fit back in properly!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts