Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HITACHI C7SB2 7 1/4" CIRC SAW

A supplier has them for 65 beans. I have read a couple reviews pretty much giving a 5/10 rating. mainly for plastic levers and no brake.

Looking for a saw for trim/light frame.

I've got skill wormdrive, plus a couple of older heavier sidewinders. Main saw now is a Dewalt but base plate has seen better days. I will probably replace the base but for the $$ this Hitachi looks ok.

Any one with hands on experience? What did you think about after a while?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Trash. I bought one for $90 to replace my Milwaukee tilt that some A-hole stole. I sure miss that saw:sad:. I use my cordless 95% of the time, but on that 5% I would like to have a "real" saw. My Hitachi sounds like the bearings are going out & I have used it less that a dozen times in 3 years!:furious:
Steve

Oh yeah, the latches on the case broke within 6 months. DeWalt knows how to make a tool case, not Hitachi!

·
Registered
732 Posts
This is more of a high end DIY saw. The Pro version of Hitachi's 7.25 is the C7BMR whihc is more like $115-$125. If your willing to spend that, just get the Milwaukee tilt lock.

If its a light, compact saw you are after, check out the Ridgid Fuego 6.5" saw, it has surprised the heck out of me. I use it more and more these days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts