Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have had a Hitachi angled finish nailer (NT65GB) and been using it for about 2 months now and i think it needs a clean. Its my first nail gun and i have no experience in cleaning them.

my 3 questions are:

1. How often do you need to clean it?

2.What should i use to clean it (should i buy a cleaning kit or could i get away with a touch of WD40, or is there something else that is cheaper and still does the job)

3. How do i go about cleaning it? (a step by step guide or a link to a guide would be just as good!)

if you could answer any of these questions that would be great!

thanks in advance!

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
Don't clean the outside.....bumps and bruises give it character. :laughing: As for the inside you shouldn't need any type of maintenance yet.

Can't remember if the Hitachi needs oil but don't forget that. I wouldn't use WD on it though.

·
Boondockian
1,478 Posts
Can't say as I've ever had to clean an air tool. I don't own any however and I don't know what goes on with the ones I use in the off season.

We were soaking the magazine of one of the Bostich framers with WD40 last week though. It wouldn't feed nails so you had to keep pressure on the feed lever to get it to shoot nails.

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
18,435 Posts
I don't use gas and battery guns so I don't know. Didn't come with a cleaning guide? It might clean just like a Pasload? You should find these guidelines on line if you just look around.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
I clean my guns by pulling the trigger, but don't have any star trek stuff.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I think I jinxed myself. My NT65MA4 stopped shooting right this morning. Right now it's only shooting a nail about half the time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts