Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Bosch Power
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in the northeast have any links for historic millwork suppliers, preferably for exterior elements. Starting to do alot of restoration work, Yee-Ha!, and need some good sources Thanks guys

·
Bosch Power
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Gene, but being "historical" it has to be wood. That way I have to do it again in 6 years because the H.O. wont keep up on painting. LOL

·
Bosch Power
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just wondering Gene, since you are from Jersey, and in the concrete business, do you make "boots" on the side. LOL

·
Preserving the Past
3,571 Posts
Are you matching up to existing trim and need them custom made? Or can you buy a reasonable likeness to replace it with?

Most trim work on Historic homes where custom made by local craftsmen and local materials. These have to be custom made if you need a perfect match.

there's a few guys on this forum and in the NE that could do that for you.:whistling

·
Registered
493 Posts
Are you matching up to existing trim and need them custom made? Or can you buy a reasonable likeness to replace it with?

Most trim work on Historic homes where custom made by local craftsmen and local materials. These have to be custom made if you need a perfect match.

there's a few guys on this forum and in the NE that could do that for you.:whistling
Yeah, there are a few guys on here that could, aren't there....:whistling

·
Bosch Power
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As I thought a wealth of information

I appreciate all the input guys. As of today I'm not sure which route the customer is going to take, it could be a restoration, or a preservation job. If it goes the restoration route I will need some new turnings to replace the balcony rails over the two main porches and some ballusters for a set of stairs. If it goes the preservation route I will need lots of Abatron. Jason and Derek I will keep you guys in mind. This is my first serious job in this area of work and I am excited,so until the customer decides what road she can go I'm just trying to compile resources and info. I will try and upload some pics if I can get them off my phone.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts