Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leeco Painting is currently seeking applicants to fill a vacancy in our residential painting sales department. Leeco Painting is located in Frederick, Maryland and covers a large territory. Interested applicants can fax a resume to 301-228-3100 or email to [email protected]

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Grumpy said:
What is your compensation package?
salary plus commision, paid health insurance, and some other smaller perks. We also pay for ongoing sales training.

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ii's not that I do not want to share information, but the pay scale can vary on level of experience, on sales quotas, and overall industry knowledge. I am looking about 50-60K per year with at least 10% commision. I also pay all sales training.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
50-60K! I am sure that he is on the wrong site. Add another 0 to it and I might move to the great white north but not likely.

Nathan's next question;
How many people here make less than six figures and why? LOL

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Youll find almost all employees in the construction industry make less than 6 figures. I make less than six figures. You asked why? Because my company hasn't had it's grand opening yet. Why don't I make six figures in my current position as project manager at my current job? Because my boss holds me back, and takes a cut of everything I sell. That's life as an employee.

Personally I'd never pay a salesman a salary. I'd pay a very heft commission, but if you pay a salary there is less incentive to sell sell sell!

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
I don't know what you guys are complaining about...

$50-60K a year WITH 10% commision PLUS Helth Care & Training?

If all the guy has to do is sell and not manage crews/jobs thats a great deal. I would think a good sales guy could easily sell somewhere between 500-600K.

So, 120K with benefits!

Now, I like to run things for myself and you can earn more by owning a company... but otherwise this is a great offer for most people.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts