Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been in the flooring business for 8 years now and have to this point got all my business thru word of mouth, and the yellow pages, but recently signed up for Angie's List and I have been receiving lead after lead. I run a good crew but that's just the thing, I run it, I'm at every job, and that's how I do business, I've been setting up my new leads in the evening, and have more work then I've ever had, but I'm running out of gas, I wanna hire a salesman to handle all this new attention/leads he will do bids for me, question I have is how to pay this person, commission based?? Or hourly + commish?? Just wanted to know what you pros that have your own business are paying if you are even using a salesmen or not thank you

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand what your saying but the whole reason I consider my business successful is the fact I am on my jobs, I bid my jobs and I establish a relationship w/ my customers, I follow the whole project thru to the end and that's what keeps them coming,

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
you bidding might be better. A second installer would still give you time to make bids and drop by his jobs to check on things.

Also, maybe you should be in high end work or specialize in one type of higher paying aspect of your business. More $ for the effort.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts