Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm contemplating buying a cordless Hilti SDS. I started reading through their warranty info pretty late last night and didn't fully grasp it, so going to try again today lol.

I'm curious though, for those who have had to use the warranty, is it pretty hassle-free? Is it a true lifetime warranty or prorated or...? Again, I'll read through it again later but was hoping for some firsthand experience from those who have had to use it.

Also, does their warranty apply to used tools? If I were to buy a used kit, is the tool still covered? A used kit wouldn't be my first choice...I wouldn't get one unless the tool just looked exceptional and was a good price.

Thanks in advance.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I'm contemplating buying a cordless Hilti SDS. I started reading through their warranty info pretty late last night and didn't fully grasp it, so going to try again today lol.

I'm curious though, for those who have had to use the warranty, is it pretty hassle-free? Is it a true lifetime warranty or prorated or...? Again, I'll read through it again later but was hoping for some firsthand experience from those who have had to use it.

Also, does their warranty apply to used tools? If I were to buy a used kit, is the tool still covered? A used kit wouldn't be my first choice...I wouldn't get one unless the tool just looked exceptional and was a good price.

Thanks in advance.
Their warranty is a little short but hassle free, their service however is lightning fast. All tools have a repair cost limit but in the case of cordless kits it's still not worth having them repaired.

There is no lifetime or pro-rated warranty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts