Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
JumboJack for president!
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG. It is 40 percent stronger than the TE 1000. It doesn't come out until Late January, early Feb. I picked one up today for demo though. Here is what it looks like. I will try it out tomorrow or Wednesday and let you know how it is.

Attachments

·
JumboJack for president!
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
looking good.. how many bills did that set you back bro?

There is no pricing on it yet. I will find out on the 19th. Im sure i'll poop myself when i find out. It is pretty sweet though. The crazy thing is that it is not that heavy, but the hammering action is sickening. I have the largest Bosch breaker besides the Brute and it cut down time by way more than 50 percent. The bosch broke up stone, concrete, bricks in 45 minutes and this did the exact same size and material in about 10. So it is definitely one bad mama jama.

·
JumboJack for president!
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How much heavier is it compared to a 905-1000?
I dont think it is any heavier than tha TE 1000 but hammers about 40 percent more efficiently so i have been told. Those self sharpening bits help out a lot too though. I ordered the 1000, but i heard this was coming so i wanted to take a look at the 1500, so i dont know how it compares to its little brother. I can tell you though it is about the same weight if not less than the Bosch hammer. I think they are better at putting the weight in all the right places so it doesn't feel as heavy as it really is.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
The polygon point chisle is brilliant.

I can't wait to play with that when it comes to my local store.:thumbsup:

·
JumboJack for president!
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ANy idea on price from your rep for the 1500? Also let me know how the sawzall works. I hear they are awesome, maybe time to upgrade from the bosch 36v li.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The TE 1500 comes in at about 32lbs. It's a little bit longer then the TE 1000 and about 8lbs or so heavier. Made for up to 6" of concrete.
January Hilti comes out with an 18V recip saw...

·
JumboJack for president!
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
any idea what thickness the 1000 is for? I heard that the 1000 was to be better than the Brute, but find that hard to believe, but am being told that the 1500 is comparable to compressed air hammer. Any thoughts on that.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I'd like to see a comparison in specs to the Makita HM1214C. These new hammers keep getting better and better.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Looking to get one of these or possibly the smaller TE1000. Any recomendations? I looked at the Makita HM1214C too. So many choices. The makita cost about half what the TE1500 costs. Any help would be great. I am growing tired of renting...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Go talk to a Hilti rep and ask them what's the best he can do and let him know you want to buy a Makita if he can't make it happen. Usually price will drop by 15% at the least.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I was at Hilti and a guy returned one because it broke 3 days after he bought it.

The salesman practically hit his knees begging him to take a replacement instead of returning it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am not sure that i have a hilti rep in my area. Any one got one of these or the HM1214C ? Can't find much in terms of reviews on these online.

·
Registered
683 Posts
From the Specs the Makita uses SDS-Max and the Hilti uses it's own bits...no way I would get locked into using Hilti bits.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts