Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just won the hilti 36v circular saw on ebay. It looks pretty new. There is a close up pic of the sticker on the saw and it says Date code : MK

I have googled and looked around but didn't come up with anything. Do any of guys know how to read the date codes?

Thanks, Dave

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
I wish I could help but wanted to add that I have tried many times to find info on different Hilti items and seems there just isn't a lot of info out there.

Could be me I guess.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish I could help but wanted to add that I have tried many times to find info on different Hilti items and seems there just isn't a lot of info out there.

Could be me I guess.

Yup I think you are right, I've done the same thing and really don't find much info on the web. I am guessing they want you to stop into their stores or call their reps.

QCCI, I tried that, I searched the whole site and didn't find anything.

There is a hilti store about 15 miles from me, I figure I will give them a call on monday. But you guys know how new tools are, I want to find out now:laughing:

Dave

·
Registered
649 Posts
It may be an older model or discontinued. I didn't see that model on their website, but they do have a 36v cordless saw o there.

What is the full part number?

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What are you planning on using it for?
Just for little things here and there. Some neighborhoods I work in parking sucks so its nice to be able to make a few cuts right off my tailgate in a parking space. I do a little bit of work at a local mall so most of the time if its a small job I will cut right outside at my truck.

I just have to pick up a second battery for it, I cant wait to see the price:laughing:

Dave

·
Registered
649 Posts
You honestly probably would have gotten a better price if you would find the local Hilti rep, just saying. Looks like a good saw though

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You honestly probably would have gotten a better price if you would find the local Hilti rep, just saying. Looks like a good saw though

Do you mean a better price than the $510 or than the new price? I hope I'm not kicking myself!

Dave

·
Registered
649 Posts
Lol no man I have no idea what that thing cost. I just usually get way better prices from the salesman, he can discount them

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lol no man I have no idea what that thing cost. I just usually get way better prices from the salesman, he can discount them

:laughing:Ok thats what I figured. Hmm maybe I will have to take a ride to the hilti store. I was also looking at a new drywall gun, maybe I can get that and a second battery for a decent price.

Dave

·
Registered
649 Posts
No not the store, find the local rep who travels around meeting with contractors. That's the guy who cuts deals

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok thats what I will have to do. He is always at one of my suppliers, I will have to grab him next time.

Dave

·
Registered
649 Posts
For instance, I had a big job starting and I needed some new cordless impacts. They were priced at around $450 ea, I was able to get him down to $300 ea but I had to get ten

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thats a good price for sure! Ok maybe I will have to have him meet me at a big commercial job thats going on and I will tell him its my company doing all the work :laughing:

Dave

·
Trim Carpenter/Remodeler
31 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts