Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gun was left in a closed position....
I've never left a can attached for this long, but a wild guess would be about 4-5 weeks with the can on the gun, closed.
When I removed the can off the gun, it was spewing out foam.
Not sure if just the time-and nozzle cured up

I did not check to see if it would put product out with the existing can on it. Took the can off, put the cleaner on and wanted to run some cleaner through it. Nothings coming out. I think she's buggered up.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Gun was left in a closed position....
I've never left a can attached for this long, but a wild guess would be about 4-5 weeks with the can on the gun, closed.
When I removed the can off the gun, it was spewing out foam.
Not sure if just the time-and nozzle cured up

I did not check to see if it would put product out with the existing can on it. Took the can off, put the cleaner on and wanted to run some cleaner through it. Nothings coming out. I think she's buggered up.
The piston on the end gets stuck, dig the tip clean with a razor knife and it will be fine, I've left my hilti with a half full can for 6 months (I have 3 guns all with half empty cans on them).

Reactions: Tom M

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Indeed you were right. I thought it was free....but a nudge with a nail setter, and cleaner is coming out.
After I let them sit a long time they dispense really slow, but fire though a fresh can and they are good to go.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:whistling:whistling:whistling:whistling

I use their foam but not their cleaner.
For 1/4 of the price, the Great Stuff, I just hack the round base off (will need to manually hold can in place) but it does the job as = effective .

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
:whistling:whistling:whistling:whistling

I use their foam but not their cleaner.
For 1/4 of the price, the Great Stuff, I just hack the round base off (will need to manually hold can in place) but it does the job as = effective .
Hack the base off? The cans use the same connection. You don't need to use the acetone cleaner, just pump more foam through.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought they were standardized on the connections but the 1st time I tried with the GS, the pitch was off kilter. It's been forever since I've tried again

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I thought they were standardized on the connections but the 1st time I tried with the GS, the pitch was off kilter. It's been forever since I've tried again
They are the same you probably cross threaded it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts