Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Project Superintendent
2,525 Posts
Probably took as long to cover it up with poly as it did to erect the scaffold. Hope their insurance is paid up.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Same thing happend down the road from my girlfriends work, when they shrink wrapped the scaffhold it turned into a giant sail.

·
Drywall Slave
9,441 Posts
Someone lost big $$ on that stage... I feel for the guy!:sad:

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I don't know if there was a date on that, but there is a hurricane in the UK now, and headed towards DK and Sweden. At least what they call a hurricane.

·
Registered
8,133 Posts
yikes. We had some winds in town 5 or 6 years between x-mas and New years. A section of scaffold about 20' high went down in the middle of the street(covered in tarps of course and not anchored to the building). The crew were from out of town and nobody knew how to get a hold of them. Sat in the street for 3 or 4 days until the town cleaned it up.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I have had staging come down inside a tent. the top 15 feet broke loose and fell back away from the chimney. high winds above a roof line with a big tarp made for a messy and very cold day. roof scaffold can suck in the winter for us when the winds are whipping you just wait for the staging to break loose.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts