Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
High-end home with top-shelf covered entryway. I need to replace a surface-mount polished brass doorbell button (lighted) ASAP with these dimensions: 5.5" tall x 3/4" max width. Any ideas? I've searched far and wide, but cannot find this size. Any help appreciated. If it were a bit taller, that would work, too....but not wider. Cost is not a factor.

Thanks very much.

·
This space for lease
5,323 Posts
The width is probably the problem. What about fixing it? Do you know what's wrong with it? Can't be but a few parts involved and I doubt electronic.

·
Registered
11,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The width is probably the problem. What about fixing it? Do you know what's wrong with it? Can't be but a few parts involved and I doubt electronic.
As far as I can determine, nothing is wrong with it. I've explained this before, checked and cleaned the contacts, etc. Works just fine. But they insist it's not working some of the time. It has an oblong button, so I figure maybe some of their visitors are pressing too lightly, or pressing the edge of the oblong button, or something. Still, they are flustered and want one that "works all the time".

The only other thing I can think of it to maybe to wipe some silicone spray on the button edge...I wonder if it's resisting for the folks with a light touch....

Btw, it is hard for a visitor outside to actually hear the bell when they push it. Normally, folks will hear the tone when they press the button, but the chime is further away from the door and muffled.

·
Registered
11,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
That's similar, but they don't have it in polished brass. I inquired about using it....hesitation since it's a 10k entry and they want it to be right. (Friend of the family for years, but I'm losing it with the boutique requests.)

I'm going to check that measurement one more time...maybe I remembered incorrectly and that's the right height. If so, I'll get it in antique brass. Thanks very much!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts