Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a house that I need to put a frameless shower into. The bathroom is joined to the master bedroom with no doorway . The bathroom is just around a corner from the bedroom.The ceilings are vaulted with the highest part being 12 ft tall.
How do you put a shower in there and ....
1. keep some heat in the shower area
2. keep the steam from affecting everything else
3. not make the shower appear tiny in the large room.

·
Bathroom remodeler
19 Posts
Seriously? No doors? Putting up a shower curtain may keep the steam in, but I doubt there is an elegant way other than actually putting a door. On second thought, maybe put an airconditioner that is directed downwards to keep the heat inside the bathroom.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate the pictures, they will help in the design but my problem was the 12' high ceiling in an 800 sq ft room.
I don't want the shower to look tiny in a corner and unless I bring the glass all the way to the ceiling won't the heat and steam just rise and spread across the room.
I considered building a wall to contain the bathroom and thus solve most of my problems but the way the room is laid out it would scream ugly add-on and I HATE seeing bad add on renos, you know the ones where you look at a house and say "what were they thinking":rolleyes:

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you are thinking of entirely closing in the shower area with the glass to keep the steam in i highly sudgest u install a water right fan inside for moisture controll. The reason why most showers have an opening at the top is so that the steam/moisture can travel throughout the bathroom and out the fan faster.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A fan with a dehumidistat is going in no matter what and I dont mind having an opening above the door of a foot or so for steam to get out but having a shower 11 plus feet tall may be a little strange, i dunno.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It could be weird looking or not, there are many ways of doing it but it's very had to say when i dont know what the bathroom looks like or is set up as. if you have pictures to post that would help alot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts