Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm going to be doing a kitchen, the guy would really love a back splash free of all switches and receptacles.

I am probly going to use plugmold on gfci breakers for the receps, it will be under 20" from the countertop so that should be good.

The only thing I can't figure out is what to do with the switches. There is three. Garbage disposal, under cabinet lights, and over sink recessed can.

Do you guys have any ideas on how to hide these or any cool hidden switches or something?

I looked around, but really didn't find anything.

Thanks, Dave

·
Lack Of All Trades
1,232 Posts
Hey guys, I'm going to be doing a kitchen, the guy would really love a back splash free of all switches and receptacles.

I am probly going to use plugmold on gfci breakers for the receps, it will be under 20" from the countertop so that should be good.

The only thing I can't figure out is what to do with the switches. There is three. Garbage disposal, under cabinet lights, and over sink recessed can.

Do you guys have any ideas on how to hide these or any cool hidden switches or something?

I looked around, but really didn't find anything.

Thanks, Dave
put em in the base cabinets.:thumbsup:

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
13,092 Posts
Disposal: Air switch on sink deck.

UnderCab lights: Touch sensor in accessible corner.

Can over sink: Occupancy sensor.

Reactions: griz

·
Super Moderator
11,969 Posts
Disposal: Air switch on sink deck.

UnderCab lights: Touch sensor in accessible corner.

Can over sink: Occupancy sensor.
What 480 said.

Or put your under cabinet light switch in the same box as the switch to the kitchen "main" lighting.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys for the input so far!

On monday I have to run these ideas by the HO and see what he would like.

Thats a cool outlet Gene, now I remember seeing that before.

480, I don't have any experience with the touch sensors. Are they readily available?

Thanks, Dave

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
13,092 Posts
............480, I don't have any experience with the touch sensors. Are they readily available?..........

Lighting & lamp stores. Heck, even Blowes and Home Cheapo have 'em.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool, thanks 480! I will check those out.

bconley, thats funny:laughing: I was acctually joking with the customer today about the clapper. He acctually liked the idea if it would really work!

Dave

·
Registered
132 Posts
Make sure whatever you do will still be within code. what about adding extra filler strips in the cabinets and putting the boxes in them ?

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yup it will be. Hmm.. I hadn't thought about the filler strip idea, I will add that to my list for tomorrow:laughing:

Dave

1 - 14 of 14 Posts