Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Remodeler
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you call the hardware for a cabinet door that hinges open and the door slides into the side of the cab?
Thanks
Min

·
Remodeler
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No not a pocket door.

This is like a TV cab. Where you open the doors and they slide into the right and left edges of the cabinet. Not into a wall.

·
Registered
73 Posts
it is pocet door hardware

several types out there
heavy doors i would use the rack n pinion type
medium doors use the cable type

·
Registered
73 Posts
do some research some wont work with thick doors some require 3-4 hinges you wont retract past any protruding hardware. you loose 2-3 inches each side for door and hardware. there might be 30 types out there and u get what u pay for

·
Project Superintendent
2,525 Posts

Here is a entertainment center I built for myself using the Blum hardware from Rockler. Each side has a double door that folds Soss invisible hinges, then slides back on the Blum pocket door hinges.

·
Remodeler
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
do some research some wont work with thick doors some require 3-4 hinges you wont retract past any protruding hardware. you loose 2-3 inches each side for door and hardware. there might be 30 types out there and u get what u pay for
I cant loose 6-8" of space. I was hoping for a couple inches. Thickness of the door + a little. These are going to be roughly 13"w x 20"h.

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Check the Blum website.
Blum does not make any pocket door hardware. I wish they did but I wish the Cubs would finally win a world series too.:laughing:

I cant loose 6-8" of space. I was hoping for a couple inches. Thickness of the door + a little. These are going to be roughly 13"w x 20"h.
Here is the latest and greatest in pocket door hardware. The thing that makes it great is that there is no roller that rolls on the face of the door. The slide does not mount to the side of the cabinet like all the older versions, it mounts towards the center of the case and the door goes between it and the case. The roller rolls on the back of the door.

They made a bracket for an interior partition to slide into so you can mount a shelf above a TV and the whole interior assembly can be removed easily,

The door has a spring loaded feature so it automatically pops forward when you pull it towards you, unlike the old cable type where you have to tug it and click it into position before you close the door.

Accuride got this one right.

I buy it from my regular hardware supplier. I'm sure you could find someone to sell it to you
http://www.accuride.com/Resources/PDF/pro_pocket_ss.pdf

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
I missed this post.

You can't find what you are asking. Even the old cable type need like 2 1/4" each side. The pro pocket that I suggested takes more than that. The true dimension depends on your overlay and door thickness.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts